Jeep Wrangler TJ ???

1515Art

Suppose the camel gets pretty good mileage I'd bet:smile:

thanks everyone for the help, tips and great advise...

'well I pulled the trigger on an 2006 rubicon TJ, this one drives fantastic...day and night difference from the first one I looked at that only had 18k miles on it, glad I waited for this one. Paid the seller 21k, The original jeep had 155k miles all freeway, teacher driving it daily from Visalia to LA, but everything on it now is new in the last 3 mo's. The seller paid 23k in parts not counting labor or the purchase price of the original jeep. Then got in a money bind and had to sell his new toy, I felt a little sorry because he really hated to sell and when he built it this was his dream jeep. I promised when I sold it to give him first shot.

some of the stuff the guy did to it from his add;

Offered for sale is a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, automatic with overdrive. 4.0L, 6cyl, PS, PB, AC, 4WD. With the exclusive Rubicon model you get dana 44 axles front and back, all wheel disc brakes, diff lockers, body armour and 4.10 gears from factory. This model also has cruise control and the 7 speaker 6 disc audio system with factory subwoofer. Jeep retains both factory hardtop and soft top (never used/installed). Please read to the end.

Recent upgrades include:

-Banks ram air, cold air intake. Out flows stock by 116%
-throttle body spacer +3HP
-Hypertech Max Energy power programmer +11HP and +30TQ
-Rubicon Express 3.5" Super Flex suspension lift with sway bar disconnects, adjustable upper control arms and track bar
-fox 2.0 shocks with 5/8" shaft
-Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizer
-Tom Woods CV (double cardan) rear drive shaft
-Fuel, revolver 15x10 wheels
-Mickey Thompson Deegan M/T 32x11.5 tires
-G2 aluminum diff covers
-WARN stubby front bumper
-WARN XD9000i 9K winch
-Rampage rear recovery bumper with tire carrier, rear lights and full size matching spare
-MORE industries hide-a-step hidden retractable steps
-Rugged Ridge neoprene seat covers and molded floor liners
-clear corners and marker lights
-Synergy Manufacturing steel grab handles
-Roadmaster XL base plates and tow bar plus, jeep is tow vehicle wired 
-new LED tail lights and flasher
-and more....

This is a fresh build. No expense spared as you can see! Get it while everything recently done is brand NEW! Orig platform was an extremely clean, stock, mechanically sound and never off road commuter Jeep Rubicon. Average miles for the year.

Lucky, the new rig and hope I see you and Rudy out there soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, klunker said:

I offered to leave the key in mine while you where shopping so it only seems fair that--- oh, never mind.

Ya done good.

I had your own key made for you...

Sweet Jeep! You are going to love it. Word of caution... it is addictive to get caught up in the after market parts for them! You can customize until you are broke. Congrats!

Dean

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bado1 said:

Sweet Jeep! You are going to love it. Word of caution... it is addictive to get caught up in the after market parts for them! You can customize until you are broke. Congrats!

Dean

I'm in trouble... They already know my name at the 4wheel parts store:biggrin:

• Like 2

I'm real happy with this jeep...makes up just a little for the bath I took on my last car project. A few years ago I bought this 1970 el Camino from my neighbor, he bought it for his son and sold it after getting him a new car when they got tired of working on this one. That should have been the first clue, anyway he was dumping it for 3k and I got snagged by the shine of orange paint and somehow thought this would be good for my son and I when he got his drivers lic.

turned out to be a project alright, 20k later he's driving down highway 101 at night and the damn thing throws a rod through the block. I should have sold it right there, instead 5k more and a new crate engine and the economy decides to take another nose dive and nobody is willing to pay more than 10k for it.

instead I sold it back to the kid I orrigannly bought it from after his dad passed away for 8k, was his first car that he and his dad worked on together and he was thrilled to get it back. At least some good came from the debacle and I'm hoping the jeep is good CARma:smile:.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Art,

That is one hell of a Jeep!  In my much younger days I bought a new 1978 Renegade CJ5.  One of the first upgrades to its besides a lift kit and bigger tires was and extra gas tank.  I installed it under the rear seat, which raised it 4" so a regular person could sit back there without licking their knees...lol. Nowadays, they have a cool extra fuel tank that fits behind your spare tire.  Looking forward to seeing you and checking out that new ride!

Rick

Thanks Lucky, im pretty happy with it...I'm adding a set of high intensity lights to the front, down by the winch, make it a little easier coming out of the dirt roads at night. Then some kind of added fuel, probably something like you suggested Rick.

swegin, after that I agree some kind of rock slider and I don't use the step so not a problem covering it up, or taking it off.

i put an atv style gun holder to the underside of the lid of the trunk lock box to hold my 7000 for the coil end then a strap to hang the control box end fron the roll cage, when not in use the gun holder folds and stows under the lid.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1