White's MX Sport Update 9/13/16 - Back In Full Production

From the official White's website at https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product-updates/ - 

09-13-16 — MX Sport Production Status

We need to address a material defect occurring in some MX Sport metal detectors. This summer we received reports of faceplate-plastic cracks which can result in the detector leaking when fully submerged. When we heard about these failures, we immediately stopped production and began troubleshooting. After thorough testing of different solutions we are confident in the corrections we’ve made, and have resumed full-scale production of the MX Sport.

If you experience any cracking of the pod plastic, please call us at 1-888-666-6121 or e-mail sales@whiteselectronics.com (see below picture for help identifying). We will guide you through sending your detector for repair, at no charge to you. If you’re not experiencing problems, there’s no need to do anything. As always, rest assured that you’re fully covered by your two-year warranty should you have any problems with your White’s MX Sport.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but we owe it you, our valued customers, to do everything in our power to offer quality American-made metal detectors you can be proud to own. Thank you for your patience and help in making the MX Sport the very best detector it can be. We will use this page for future updates on this and any other White’s products.

White’s Electronics

whites-mxsport-crack.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to White's MX Sport Update 9/13/16 - Back In Full Production

If Tboykin could maybe talk to management to give us a bit of a discount and free shipping for having to wait so long to get the kinks worked out, I'll order one tomorrow! :smile:

13 hours ago, walkerrj said:

If Tboykin could maybe talk to management to give us a bit of a discount and free shipping for having to wait so long to get the kinks worked out, I'll order one tomorrow! :smile:

I'll see what I an do. Maybe something specific to Detector Prospector? Also still willing to send Steve H. a new one with our 7" Detech if he's interested. I hear that coil is killer on small gold...

One of the things I've learned about the MX Sport in regards to prospecting - when in All-Metal or Prospecting Modes you have the ability to VISUALLY discriminate ranges of VDI. This doesn't silence the audio, but keeps the discriminated numbers from displaying on screen. So if you're in "Junk Town" you can notch out the junk, still hear the zip, but know you have a higher chance of a good target when the VDI displays the range you are interested in. Really helpful for places where there are bits of can slaw or iron that drive you nuts.

I'll probably bring mine to Rye Patch this weekend if any of you are interested (and will be there).

Hi Tom

I have the 5 x 10 DD I haven't used it yet in the gold field but hope too this fall. You talking how good the 7 inch Detech coil is but it also is a DD. I wish is was a concentric coil. What i'm wanting to know is the Detech better coil over over the 5 x 10 ?

On the MX Sport I find it has great depth but when it comes to the ID I find my old Eagle 11 is better but I just have the 6 inch coil on the eagle. That is the main reason I want the smaller coil because the larger coil gets too much trash under it at one time. The detector is trying to give you a ball park ID on what it's seeing.

I believe every coil has a place in detecting. For me when it comes to coin hunting and that's what I got the MX Sport then give me a mono are concentric coil. I like hunting with the small coil first and then come back with the larger coil.

I guess some of us wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope and I'm one. I'll spend the money if you give me what I want but nobody is hearing me.

Chuck    

Too much drama for me. I do not see myself revisiting the MX Sport until next spring at earliest. Even then I would like to see some sort of identifiable change made in the unit, something that separates all the existing units from newer ones. The best option would be that the unit display the firmware version. A new decal? Lacking that a 2017 manufacture date will have to suffice.

Chuck, there will be very little performance difference between the 7" round DeTech DD and 6" x 10" White's DD. The 7" might get between targets a 10" long coil would cover simultaneously, but the real difference between the two is potential for in water use. The 7" DD would be great in water. The 6" x 10" DD is too buoyant. I would decide between the two on that basis alone. Dry land use only? 6" x 10" DD. For use in water on a regular basis? 7" round DD. The reason White's skipped the 6" Eclipse concentric is probably because it also is buoyant. The bottom line is White's came out with the MX Sport before they had a decent lineup of coils specific to its design goals and purposes. That will no doubt change as new coils come online, and Detech being involved just speeds that up.

9 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hi Tom

I have the 5 x 10 DD I haven't used it yet in the gold field but hope too this fall. You talking how good the 7 inch Detech coil is but it also is a DD. I wish is was a concentric coil. What i'm wanting to know is the Detech better coil over over the 5 x 10 ?

On the MX Sport I find it has great depth but when it comes to the ID I find my old Eagle 11 is better but I just have the 6 inch coil on the eagle. That is the main reason I want the smaller coil because the larger coil gets too much trash under it at one time. The detector is trying to give you a ball park ID on what it's seeing.

I believe every coil has a place in detecting. For me when it comes to coin hunting and that's what I got the MX Sport then give me a mono are concentric coil. I like hunting with the small coil first and then come back with the larger coil.

I guess some of us wouldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope and I'm one. I'll spend the money if you give me what I want but nobody is hearing me.

Chuck    

Chuck, we have the 950 style concentric for the MX Sport - https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/950-sport-coil/

From what I'm hearing from our testers - the 7" Detech doesn't loose much depth but has better performance in terms of separation and speed. Detech knows how to make good coils.

We will be working on more coils now that production is back up, so we here ya. With how the small concentric is performing on the GMT it might be a good idea to look into that type of shooter coil for the MX Sport.

1 hour ago, tboykin said:

I'll see what I an do. Maybe something specific to Detector Prospector? Also still willing to send Steve H. a new one with our 7" Detech if he's interested. I hear that coil is killer on small gold...

One of the things I've learned about the MX Sport in regards to prospecting - when in All-Metal or Prospecting Modes you have the ability to VISUALLY discriminate ranges of VDI. This doesn't silence the audio, but keeps the discriminated numbers from displaying on screen. So if you're in "Junk Town" you can notch out the junk, still hear the zip, but know you have a higher chance of a good target when the VDI displays the range you are interested in. Really helpful for places where there are bits of can slaw or iron that drive you nuts.

I'll probably bring mine to Rye Patch this weekend if any of you are interested (and will be there).

Tom,

I'll test it for you.

Scotland sent me one at the very beginning which I had to return and never did get it back.

I was 'water hunting' with my AT Pro a week ago and can put on my waders again real quick!

Des D

13 minutes ago, Des D said:

Tom,

I'll test it for you.

Scotland sent me one at the very beginning which I had to return and never did get it back.

I was 'water hunting' with my AT Pro a week ago and can put on my waders again real quick!

Des D

I saw your video. You do a great job with your editing.

We need to fulfill backorders from our dealer network first, but my humble suggestion is to contact the Inverness office in a few weeks. They are much closer and might be able to get you back in your waders before they dry out too much.

Tom

I do have the 950 concentric coil and I love it. You ask any red blooded American coil hunter and he'd like  a smaller concentric coil for coin hunting. Now if I was beach hunting then I'll take a fair size DD coil but in hard rock ground and high trash give me that small coil first time around..

The pins for the MX is different than of the other White's detectors. ( I Think ) I know it is on what I've seen. 

I don't know why every detector company think they have got to come out with this big coil but if one had the opt. they would take the smaller one.Unless you had miles of beach to hunt and that's all you done.

I don't care on how you spell that 7 inch Detech it's still a DD coil and that's not what I'm asking for. For one thing I don't want to spend the money and find out it's not much better than the other I got now.

Now I will say this if one showed up at my door I'd test it. Then if i did like it I'd be willing to pay for the coil plus shipping. But if that was not too be I'd ship it back and pay for that. 

Tell me where else can you find a great offer like that ?

Chuck