White's MX Sport Update 9/13/16 - Back In Full Production

Valid points Kemper and frankly all brought up on this forum long ago before it became the issue of the day on other forums. In my opinion the 2016 year model of the MX Sport is forever under a cloud when it comes to resale if nothing else, purely because there is no way at this time to know what is what. Certainly White's has an obligation to do what they can to contact all existing owners of the MX Sport to advise them of the issues and the owners options.

The only thing I can think of that a person might do, provided they still do it, is before purchasing a new/used machine is get the serial number and call it in. In the past you could call Whites give them a serial number and they would tell you the date ( day-month-year) a machine was manufactured. If its a early to mid 2016 model I would prob pass and try for a later date model.

Back from Rye Patch, what a hunt. Highly recommended if you have not been.

We did send an email to registered MX Sport users before posting on our website. Definitely a good idea to fill out your warranty registration in order to get updates on products.

To folks who have been watching the MX Sport rollercoaster ride - the only way you will know if it's the right one for you is to put some time in on one and see if it's the right fit. Nothing wrong with reading others' opinions on machines... but at the end of the day it's up to you to "vote with your wallet" and make your own decisions.

If you are on the fence about the updated units, keep your eyes peeled - I think you will like what you see from MX Sport owners.

• Like 1

What percentage of users filled out and returned a warranty card ? What is the number of units sold before the latest re-launch and how many warranty cards were returned for those machines ?  It would  help people decide if the machine they have is right for them ( whether they filled out a warranty card or not ) if they are notified. If the machine is now right it seems that all others ( before the re-launch ) would be wrong. Am I understanding this correctly ?

I called Whites and registered mine. I get emails occasionally but none advising me of MX Sport issues. Screen cracks, arm rest that won't tighten down and upper cam-lock that loosens on it's own. The machines balance, sensitivity adjustment, and audio modulation have given me a new appreciation of my MXT PRO. I have found coins and jewelry with it and I will continue to use it till I'm satisfied with what I like and don't like about it. When I read and hear these issues have been addressed, I will send it in.

HH Ray