Sign in to follow this  
1515Art

AMRA Video Link Taser Incident News Story

Horrible behavior from the Forrest Service but not surprising. They have become a federal " police force" and are out of control. I have two close friends that have been with the FS for years and they don't like what the FS has become. The FS recently closed a road near my brothers ranch that was the Pony Express route from the late 1800s. The road was there before the FS came in to being. The FS dozed the road. When we asked what they were doing they said that it was an " unauthorized" road. We told them that they must have the wrong road in that it was a historical road and has been there for a very long time. They said we could take it up in court. The feds are trying to control as much land/ water as they can and using a once great agency to do it. Sad. They are at odds with other agencies like the G&F Dept. In AZ if you down a Elk according to the G&F you are allowed to drive cross country to retrieve the meat so that it doesn't spoil. If the FS finds you driving cross country to retrieve meat they ticket you. Siting the G&F Dept guidelines doesn't help.

I treat a number of FS employees in various positions within the FS. I find it interesting that they are at odds with themselves. Half of the FS is dedicated to preventing fires. The other half fights fires and their income is dependant upon there being fires to fight. They get federal money to do so. They certainly don't want loss of life or property but they don't make any money if there are no fires to fight. No fires no pay. Strange dichotomy. They agree.

• Like 3

Bado1, you are right on the money... I am posting this video at the request of AMRA, the video speaks well for itself and I have strong feelings about corporate/governmental exploitation  based on environmental dogma. Catholicism, judisim, budism...environmentalism all have great strengths and purpose, truths. All are also powerful tools to control personal thoughts, beliefs and social behavior. Not to get into political or controversial issues inappropriate here, but we travel down dangerous roads and the turn arounds are few and far between.

Jack booted thugs...............

• Like 1