Makro Gold Racer Help. New Detectorist Here.

Well, it is back to a question of the nature of the gold nuggets you are chasing. If the gold is small an AT Gold will have an even harder time finding it. It might be an easier machine to master but not as hot on small gold.

You have a good detector now you just need to learn it. If finding gold was easy everyone would have a bucket full.

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, it is back to a question of the nature of the gold nuggets you are chasing. If the gold is small an AT Gold will have an even harder time finding it. It might be an easier machine to master but not as hot on small gold.

You have a good detector now you just need to learn it. If finding gold was easy everyone would have a bucket full.

Took her out to a local freshwater beach today to learn the ropes a bit. Came home 52 cents closer to paying for the detector :-) I think I'll keep it, would like to make it out west one day to hunt some real gold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

You are on your way now!!!!

Did you notice how solid the coins sound when it hits on them...?

It is like a birddog.... It just locks up in a beautiful point..lol

Yes it sure did! Now if I can find out what it sounds like on a nice little gold picker :-)

I think you made a fine choice, the Gold Racer can be squirrely in some types of ground, but it's a hot detector so that is to be expected. I'm liking mine more the more I get out and use it. It's a great "crumber".

• Like 2

usaflaginmaine, 'Welcome' to Steve's Forum and also 'welcome' to the excellent Makro line with the Gold Racer.  I really enjoy using my Gold Racer, even for non-nugget hunting applications.  It is a rather sparky critter that does take a little time to learn and get used to, but the performance of this detector is simply brilliant.

Get out often and use it, learn it well, and keep us posted on your success afield along the way.

Monte

• Like 1