Detech 13" Ultimate Coil For White's MX Sport

The DeTech 13" Ultimate is one of the nicer coils I have ever used, very light in weight for its size, and very good performance. White's now has a version available on their website at https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/13-detech-ultimate-mx-sport-coil/ Part number 801-3263 $179.95 includes coil cover.

whites-detech-ultimate-coil-13.jpg

This joins the 7" round DD coil made by DeTech that White's recently released for the MX Sport https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/7-detech-mx-sport-coil/ Part number 801-3262 $149.95 includes coil cover.

7-inchdetech-dd-coil-whites-mx-sport.jpg

• Like 3

Just for some info, the latest 13in Detech Ultimate coil is now available for the Garrett AT PRO at $179.95.

We also provide these coils to fit the Garrett Ace, Whites Prizm, Teknetics Gamma, Omega, Fisher F2, F5 F11, F22,F44,, Whites Treasure Master, Treasure Pro, Teknetics T2, Gold Bug,

Minelab Explorer, E-Trac, Safari, Whites DFX/MXT, Fisher F75

The first 30 Garrett AT PRO coils sold out quickly, expecting more next week. PM me if interested and I will suggest some dealers.

Great price great looking coils but that small DD coil just don't tickle my fancy. I'd take a mono or a concentric in the 7 inch size. I'm just not a great lover of DD coils for coin hunting. I do know they have a place in detecting but that's not what I want now.

Chuck

13 inches Detech - very good quality and light weight coil. 

• Like 1

I like the looks of the 7 inch coil and the larger one too. The thing is most coin hunters I believe want a concentric coil for coin hunting.

Just how many coin hunters we have to nugget hunters I don't know. But lets say it's a hundred to one with the one being nugget hunter.

What I ask Detech is you want to sell one or a hundred? To be true it's more like a thousand to one.

If anyone from White's is reading this  you too need to sit back and think of what I said.

Chuck.

PS There is a lot of nugget hunters that would like a small 6 inch mono coil too.

When I buy a detector I want to have backup of other coils if I see the need. Maybe I need to do is look first at the number of and the type of coils to go with that detector before I buy.. 

Chuck, you would be surprised at how many detectorists of all sorts including coin hunters think concentric coils have no place in detecting. DD all the way for them, and demand for concentric coils is very low because of it. I think if you polled around on the coin hunting forums you would find most coin hunters run DD coils, and in fact concentric coils are not even an option for many of the top coin detectors on the market.

I am with you - I prefer concentric coils. I also understand however they are a hard sell for manufacturers so I would not hold my breath on this one.

• Like 1

I think you guys should explain why you prefer those coils. not all of us know the difference.

Technically neither type is clearly superior but both excel in certain areas. In a nutshell DD coils tend to do better in bad ground but concentrics are often superior in lower mineral ground. They may offer better depth if operated properly in low mineral ground and better target id accuracy.

Details from Dave Johnson: Searchcoil Field Shape - DD vs Concentric

and more from Dave All About Searchcoils

Prospectors tend to always think DD coils are better on VLF detectors but as I point out periodically the Gold Bug 2 only has concentric coils available and nobody would argue it can't find gold.

People often think DD coils are better because they feature this magic vertical edged detection pattern that shoots straight down whereas a concentric coil supposedly has a cone shaped field. Neither is true as simple tests can prove. The detection pattern on a round concentric coil on coin size targets is more like a soccer ball cut in half, and the DD coil is more like a U.S. football cut in half lengthwise.

• Like 7