My First Detected Nugget

Ringmoney

4 hours ago, tvanwho said:

Cool find, gives me some hope my TDi  may yet find a nugget.

What were your settings?

I was using it flat out, full gain and pulse delay at 10 with GB off for searching, very little mineralisation, then when a target was found I was checking with GB on and only digging low conductors as there are tons of hot rocks about.

• 3 years later...

Any more Irish nuggets?

There isn't one person on this forum that wouldn't mind laying claim to that nuggie….good job!  Now go find his friends......

Just now realized this is from 2016....DUH....lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, mn90403 said:

Any more Irish nuggets?

I have had quite a few since, lost count actually. Since I finally gave in and got me a Nox, my find rate has gone through the roof over my Tdi. Here is my biggest so far.

20191117_135939 (2).jpg

20191117_171658.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks for the reply Ringmoney. 🍀  That is a beautiful nugget.  :nugget:

Which Nox did you get? :minelab:

When I look at that nugget I can see that we have failed a bit at our job here of telling people how to 'safely' find nuggets in different parts of the world.  The lesson about removing your thumb 👍 before you swing and strike with a pick ⛏️ must be repeated.  Just take your time and don't get so excited🤩 when you see the Nox numbers on gold next time.  The nugget can wait for your fingers to get out of the way.  🎷

Irish 🇮🇪 gold rush to follow.  (There won't be any prospectors left in New Zealand 🇳🇿 after they see that post!) :ph34r:

Mitchel 🇺🇸

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Which Nox did you get? :minelab:

The 800 of course, no prospecting mode on the 600.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

When I look at that nugget I can see that we have failed a bit at our job here of telling people how to 'safely' find nuggets in different parts of the world.  The lesson about removing your thumb 👍 before you swing and strike with a pick ⛏️ must be repeated.  Just take your time and don't get so excited🤩 when you see the Nox numbers on gold next time.  The nugget can wait for your fingers to get out of the way.  🎷

Lol you didn't see the others, the head of a 11kg pneumatic calking gun blew off and mashed them up against a stainless blade. On my knees with the pain for about 30min with the pain before I could even look at them, sore is not the word.

20191216_190853.jpg

• Oh my! 2