That SDC 2300 is one bada** detector that is for sure. I can't believe Minelab made such a simple to use machine. And yes; it has the cool thing going for it. I actually can use an even smaller backback to put it in than the ATX while hiking to remote areas. 

The price sucks yes, but it makes up for it in being able to slice meat out in the field if needed.  :blink:

Great post Steve. You very effectively explain something that I know but have had great frustration in trying to explain to people on Aussie forums.

Unfortunately I have heard of dealers here still pushing the GPX5000 onto inexperienced, retired people who really aren't going to fully learn how to use it properly when the SDC would be a much better option for them.

I love my SDC & won't be getting another GPX anytime soon but do realise it's much more versatile etc. I had to make a decision for financial reasons a couple of months ago & sold the GPX5000. I thought I might regret it but the SDC is just so easy especially when you are time poor & have numerous shallow, small gold areas close by like I do. Not only that I am finding some respectable sized bits around the gram mark that have been somehow left behind in well detected areas.

post-363-0-27974900-1416002529_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Easy, Foolproof, finds gold others have missed.

Steve said a while back that a smart person would buy an SDC and run, not walk, to the nearest proven gold producing patch to clean it out of what the others have missed before everybody else gets one.

Check here - more of the same.

https://www.facebook.com/GoldCityDetecting