How I Installed A Magnet To My Pick Handle

khouse

Well not a bad idea Khouse, and I'd never actually thought of doing that.

dont know how many times Iv put a nice long wood screw in thinking that will fix it and just as it gets tight "pop" the head strips or shears off or you end up with two magnets.

last one I fitted I counter sunk the magnet into the handle, so far so good, worst about magnets on the handle is when it's in your pick holder on your belt and you walk past the car too close or go to grab something out... yep got a few good scratches on my truck.

Great way to do it.  Thanks for sharing.  Now where did I put the drill...

I didn't put the washer on so the flats of the nut would seat better on both sides of the radius.  Yes, I should have drilled from both sides.  Try making a video all the while trying to narrate the procedure for others to follow, keeping the subject in the proper frame and lighting and in one take and you might just miss some details too. Insinuating that I don't take pride in my work is just nonsense.  I produce a lot of "how to" videos on my Youtube channel. Some better than others. Please take the time to make a perfect video and you just might miss something that I can call you out on. If you already have some "how to" vids please leave a link.

• Like 1

Whats a good cap to put on it so that its not sticking to stuff until you want it to?

HH

Mike