What Is Your Smallest Nugget?

G'day all,

After watching JP’s latest video clip “SDC 2300 Child’s Play” displaying a very small nugget detected by the SDC 2300 with its 8” mono coil and it resting on the tip of his finger I tried to estimate what that nugget would weigh on a gold scale?

So I had a check back through my results to see what I had recorded as my smallest nugget find.

Well that turned out to be a 0.08 gram found with my previous GP 3000 using a Minelab 11” DD coil however my current GPX 5000 using a Commander 8” mono coil has now lowered that to 0.05 gram.

post-129-0-50039500-1402708191_thumb.jpg

post-129-0-35632100-1402708250_thumb.jpg

post-129-0-74021100-1402708705_thumb.jpg

Just another pic of it on the scales maybe a little clearer.

Therefore with the SDC 2300 about to hit the market what is the smallest nugget that you have detected with either a PI or a VLF and hopefully a result will be posted here with a SDC 2300 also.

Thank you for your results. 

So I had a check back through my results to see what I had recorded as my smallest nugget find.

Well that turned out to be a 0.08 gram found with my previous GP 3000 using a Minelab 11” DD coil however my current GPX 5000 using a Commander 8” mono coil has now lowered that to 0.05 gram.

Just some further info on both nuggets and the 0.07 gram piece was found at Clermont's Bathampton GPA (General Permission Area) at a approx 1" depth with the GP 3000 set in DD/ Sensitive timing.

The 0.05 gram was found at Clermont's 4 Mile GPA at a depth of approx 2" (although hard to know when it popped out) with the GPX 5000 set in Fine Gold timing.

Actually both of the nuggets were real had to pinpoint when finally I got them out of their hole and in the dirt so had to try and locate it similar to how JP demonstrated on the 2300 coil.

JP would be familiar with the ground these came from as he would have detected these areas over the years of which I only visited when I was out that way. 

Have yet to find any more of that size as the majority of the small gold if I find it now with the 5000 is from 1 gram down to 0.20 gram.

This little spec of gold was found in the field with a detector - the ground there is rather mild. There were other bits that were larger near it, so when I heard the detector make a slight sound, I felt there was a good chance it was gold and after fishing around a bit, this little flake is what was sounding off on the detector. The coin next to it is 24.26 mm in diameter.

post-5-0-26378400-1402765128_thumb.jpg

This piece was found on Chris's claim a few years back. It was found with the GB Pro. It went just a hair smaller than the one Chris posted. I went from one extreme to the other on that trip. I also found a nice specimen, however it was found with the 3000. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Hey Chris, we need to get together again sometime before the snow flies. Ray

post-11-0-76854500-1402794952_thumb.jpeg

post-11-0-89226100-1402794953_thumb.jpg post-11-0-10263800-1402794955_thumb.jpg

These four pieces were found with the Sadie mono coil/ GP3000

post-11-0-95658000-1402798457_thumb.jpg

Hey guys this looks like its going to be a contest now, who can find the smallest gold this season!,

I have never weighed the smallest ones like these seperatly,I will be this year, with gold at $1313 today

these are well worth their weight. Steve houston whats the smallest youve got withGB 2?I know you and Dick have had these playoffs.

One day I hit a patch and called the three others over. We took turns until someone called it clean. My competitive nature took over because I knew there had to be one more. Directly I heard a whisper and pulled out a small nugget. I started to really work the area giving everyone a target after I found it. After the dust settled I ended up with 7 nuggets that did not equal a grain. Not a gram but a grain. But wow were the quiet. Some of the pieces were just above the sound of the background noise but I was in the zone and having a lot of fun. I was popping up pieces that even Dick could not hear. The even asked me if it was all worth it and my response was "heck yes". Ahh the memories.