GPZ Target Responses

Tortuga

Steve,

Thanks for making this a separate thread but there is a problem ...

It just gives Paul another place to give Norvic s-h-_-_!

Shame on you Paul.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Your on Paul, according to my son I leave more behind then I get, those hobbles are needed desperately, but from your past posts, think you get the wanders bad too. Don`t you worry MN, Pauls gonna get some curry next winter. We`ll sort out them warbles for sure. I`m off tis a nugget or two calling................

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:29 AM, fredmason said:

With my limited time with the gpz I find some signals are more imagination than real...but with some digging they often become real.

Welcome home, DD! Do we get a travelogue or at least some pic's?

fred

I,m with Fred, after using most of the earlier Minelab gold detectors I have learnt a new skill with the Zed that some gold signals are mere missed beats in the tone...almost undiscernible changes in audio. I always have used speakers with earlier models but I don't like the audio clarity on the WM unit or speakers run through it. I am now always using headphones, swinging very slowly on high "gain" and could not be happier finding smallish nuggets at depth. I am slowly getting better at hearing the subtle missed beat signals the Zed gives on nuggets at the limit of its detecting depth. 

Cheers RDD

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedDirtDigger said:

I,m with Fred, after using most of the earlier Minelab gold detectors I have learnt a new skill with the Zed that some gold signals are mere missed beats in the tone...almost undiscernible changes in audio. I always have used speakers with earlier models but I don't like the audio clarity on the WM unit or speakers run through it. I am now always using headphones, swinging very slowly on high "gain" and could not be happier finding smallish nuggets at depth. I am slowly getting better at hearing the subtle missed beat signals the Zed gives on nuggets at the limit of its detecting depth. 

Cheers RDD

I'm with both of you guys on this. After my summer hiatus here in Arizona I've been out swinging my Zed a lot and a few deep and small targets have almost been in my imagination as well. Sometimes I have to scrape around the dirt for a good 5 or 10 minutes before I actually get an actual metal target response. This season none of the faint signals have been gold yet. The last few nuggets were pretty easy signals I scored through just consistent elimination. Dig everything :cool:

I'm in Gold Basin with my Zed on a patch of little ones.  My first one today was Road Kill (one of Fred's favorite places to look) and it was just a little break but when you know it ... it is golden.

Thinking it through on this thread has helped.  My concentration is better ... I just wish the gold was bigger.  (4/1.7g)  It is like many other places and has been worked before a few times so I'm getting crumbs.  I haven't found any meteorites.

The settings can vary but one of them could be Steve's hot settings with low smoothing (a few hot rocks) or high smoothing (very few hot rocks).  You can also move to difficult from normal but the targets seem to sound similar.  

The default settings have a great, steady threshold.

I'm going to work the patch a bit tomorrow with some different settings and see if I can hear any deeper than 6 inches.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Mn try Bogenes, I know turning the threshold down seems counterproductive and against all instructions but on the Z with smoothing off, sensitivity full you may be pleasantly surprised. Definitely misses gold, but have found it comes up with the deep goods on some noisy patches, especially late in the day towards beer oclock when the minds GB is wandering.

• Like 3

I am with reddirtdigger, any variation of tone or bump in the threshold needs to be investigated lost count of the amount of targets pulled from depth from nothing but a pause in the threshold.  Running a lot less threshold on the Z seems to allow the complex responses of a deep target pop, I know this is not for everyone but like Norvic said no threshold and maxed sensitivity can really find it deep.