A Walk Around The Block With My MX Sport Today

I told myself this morning  I was going out and coin hunt all day with my MX Sport.. I'd put on that little 6 X 10 DD coil and away I went. I hit just about every school on my side of town. The trouble is you can't get in the play grounds area being it's lock.

I don't know what it was today but everything was coming up dimes. Some days I start finding one certain coin and little of others. For all the people out there that in my opinion the MX Sport is hard to beat detector. it's so easy to may any change in the program on the fly. You can turn it off and it will keep your new entry with out having to do more. One thing that caught me off balance was the ground balance in how much it would change just from one school to another. Like I've already said all schools on the same side of town too.

I don't know if you have this trouble call fire ants. At one school they were everywhere and digging up a dime I got into them. You should have been there because I didn't know just how good I could dance. I found another dime in the middle of a fire ant bed but I didn't have the guts to dig it.

Having this small DD coil has not stop me from wanting a 6 inch concentric coil.

What I want in a detector may took White's a while to get it correct but they did. 

Best to all of you that has a MX Sport.

Chuck

• Like 3

'Chuck, good to begin hearing some +++positive+++ comments on the MXS.

Despite the bad press I had the feeling it was going to be ' a sleeper machine' that many will aspire to own!"

Des D

I've got another detector that I got after the MX Sport. Don't get me wrong I like the second one but at half the price the MXS has so much going for it plus being waterproof. I don't dive but if hunting in water and I drop it it's no big deal.

I still waiting for White's to come out with that 6 inch concentric coil. I do hope it won't be long but I'm here White's

Some may ask why I went out and got another detector if the MXS is so great. The only way I know to reply to that is I didn't have one

The reason I keep saying about the 6 inch coil I want is because Tom is from White's and I want to let him know I'm not going away until he gets me that coil.Haha Tom glad to have you here and hope you never go away.

Chuck.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2016 at 8:38 PM, Ridge Runner said:

You should have been there because I didn't know just how good I could dance.

I've done the fire ant dance and it's very energetic but not pretty. They are pretty wicked and they were very prevalent especially in South Eastern North Carolina when I lived in Goldsboro.  Half the time I have encountered them I don't realize it right away so there were a bunch of them on me before I new it.  

Next time carry a little of that granular fire ant poison with you in a zip lock bag.  Spread a little where you found that dime and come back in a few days and you will be able to dig it up without issue.  The ants that survived would have moved a short distance away so you still need to be on the look out.

Glad you are enjoying the MXS and glad White's ultimately took good care of you.  Sounds like a great machine.  Dimes and pennies were what I had always found the most of too I think just due to their small size and value.       

Roughwater

On the fire ants I'll remember to take some of the poison with me next time. I want that dime ! I'm sure the size of a dime is the reason it gets lost the most plus pennies. The good thing about it's still money. I wish I could go back in time when it was all silver.

Where you need to be detecting along that coast being that storm has left town. I've heard sometimes the sand will get pulled off leaving the coins laying on top.

Take Care !

Chuck 

21 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

The reason I keep saying about the 6 inch coil I want is because Tom is from White's and I want to let him know I'm not going away until he gets me that coil.Haha Tom glad to have you here and hope you never go away.

I hear ya Chuck. If there is enough demand we will build whatever the market asks for. The trouble is how many people will buy it? It's a lot of data to collect and I will work on it. If nothing else maybe I can learn how to wind a coil and make you one myself.

Tom

Me myself and I will buy it. Hey that's three ! I do understand on the number other than just me wanting one for White's to make it.

Question= Is there another coil I can use just by changing the connector? If so can I get the connector and pin numbers to change it over? Well White's sell me the connector that will fit the MX Sport? I got the know how if White's will work with me. If this be the case maybe you can just sell what you got already on hand

I B here waiting to hear from you.

Chuck

Chuck,

I have heard and seen people jerry-rigging other coils to work with the MX Sport. This is not officially recommended from the factory due to the special tuning that goes into the MX Sport loops. It is quite a process to watch and requires the use of various gadgetry straight out of Dr. Frankenstein's lab.

I can see about getting you a pigtail but not sure I'm allowed to pass along the pin-out details.

Tom

I thank you but if White's wouldn't approve it I'd take a pass doing it. I wouldn't want to do anything to void the warranty. i don't want my MX Sport to go belly up on me and south at the same time.

I guess I'll spit in one hand and wish in the other and see what get full the fastest. I've just had my Eagle 2 all these years and used that small coil most of time and I don't leave home without it.

Chuck.