A Walk Around The Block With My MX Sport Today

Tom

I thank you for the heads up on the sale at White's on coils. When I want a small coil for detecting in a high trash area I want a 5 inch but not over a 6 inch and a DD just don't fit the bill. I'll take the concentric over the DD anytime I'm coin hunting.

30% off all coils is a knock down great price for White's to offer.I will have to go take a look see to see if there is something that i can't live without.

I just had a talk with Rege-PA on Detech coils. He let me know what White's has is what was contracted to make. I just don't see the need for the 7 inch DD coil at this time. I've never had the pleasure of having a Detech coil but only heard how good they are.

Thanks again Tom

Chuck 

• Like 1

I was back out again with my MXS running the 6 X 10 DD coil. I can't say I was getting rich but I was having good luck finding dimes. Before I ever went out with my MXS and othe detectors I do a air test. Not so much on depth but the ID for each coin. On my old Eagle 2 when I'd get a ID of 22 most of the time it was a nickel. The test for a nickel on my MXS it showed 20 on the ID. Well I was digging anything that was hitting around these numbers. When it lock on 22 it was a hard tab every time but one time it had a rock hard 20 it lock on. Well I dug down and out pop a Jeff wanting air. This was my first for my MXS. So from now on when the ID shows 20 just maybe most of the time it will be a nickel .

This is one great hobby we have !

Chuck