Great Time Had Even Without Gold!

Went up to the Plumas National Forest yesterday.  My buddy has a very cool Ford military jeep.  The thing goes anywhere and we needed it to get where we went.  We found 2 small hardrock mines.  Both were collapsed.  One must have been large enough for rail and mine carts because I found a narrow gauge rail spike.  Also found some rock drills/chisels and the sledge hammer head that was used with them hidden under a ledge of a very large boulder.  There was so much ferrous trash that I didn't even turn on the 7000 all day.  I used my Whites GMT and just looked for large ferrous targets and small non-ferrous.  Not sure what the loop is for but it looks hand forges along with what looks like a hand forged door handle?  The curved parts are SQ like a sq nail and they are bent over in opposite directions.  I thought is was a door handle because it has shoulders that look like they were meant to only allow it to be hammered in part way.  Then the two "nails" were bent over like a door nail.  "As dead as a doornail"?  That's my guess.  It was an awesome day, 72 degrees F and sunny, no breakdowns with the jeep and some cool finds!

Any one else have a guess about the doorhandle or the "loop"? 

RELICS, 10-8-16.jpg

Jeep.jpg

• Like 2