Gold Bug Pro & G2 Owners - Did You Try This Trick?

On ferrous infested area try to Ground balance on 20 or even 0.......manually try searching in all metal with the sensitivity as high as possible...it also work on wet sand

Ferrous will produce double beep and non ferrous a deep loud single beep...excellent in iron infested area even better with a 5" or the 5x10(which is i think even more sensitive)

Let me know how you get on with it

RR
  • Like 1

Interesting.  Where do you set the V-break?  Leave at 0?  Normally below VID=40 is considered ferrous/iron but of course some non-ferrous (like small gold) will come in below that.  Are you saying your trick eliminates all iron or just the worst, lowest conductivity (e.g. below VID=20)?  I have some iron infested sites I'd like to try this on (but not the next couple weekends as I'm out-of-town for both :sad:)

Yes 0 it help and make the detector work differently after you can always try to run on other setting to see if you missed any items.....also you can try 0 disci and use only the over 37 VID but you ears will suffer did try on a iron infested spot and it was terrible but i picked few bits but a 9mm bullet(complete) could be detected .....each machine has its limits....

RR