A Computer Question Or Two

I've built my last few windows machines, the upside is you get twice the bang for the buck and get a clean instal of the OS without all the bloatware (trial software)

PC parts picker is a website where you can configure a build and compare prices.

That said, consider buying from a local custom builder instead of the big box retailer. Nothing as good as getting your problems solved by the person who built your rig.

• Like 2

One more thing. Before you recycle your computer, run Darik's boor and nuke. This will clean your hard drive of all passwords and files. If you choose to run this software, run it at least 4 times. Don't expect it to be fast. It will take a couple of days. However, your drive will be NSA clean.

dban is available on SnapFiles.

• 1 month later...

Got a new Del Inspiron 7000...new router and new printer. By some miracle I managed to get them all talking with each other. I even connected my old 'puter to the network;I like it for writing. Once I am sure how to move my backup into this computer I expect the Vista will get retired.

This new toy is fast!

My thanks to all that gave advice and moral support.

fred

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fredmason said:

Got a new Del Inspiron 7000...

Nice little lap top. Got one about a year ago when I purchased a new digital x ray system it came as the image acquisition computer. Pleanty fast but for me it it is only used for one purpose and will never have to go on line. I just purchased  a new Apple dest top. Very happy with it for surfing the net.   

strick