Minelab GPZ 19 Coil - Full Official Information Release

When the 2200 came out (first PI with auto GB) I was loaned a test machine and sent a email review as requested, stating it was a OK machine but it`s Auto GB cancelled out gold, as with time we found all the auto GBs PIs did and once setting GB in auto switch back to manual to search. Regardless I bought that 2200, but since then I don`t get a reply from emails to ML.  Minelab make by far the best gold detectors so I guess they believe they have the right to be somewhat arrogant. Tis the same here in OZ, SS tis their nature.

28 minutes ago, Sourdough Scott said:

If true,  that's just wrong. What, are we chopped liver here. I paid full boat. I should be entitled to the same deal the Aussies are getting. 

Well here is the reply I received from my dealer when I asked about the discount for early GPZ buyers:

"Bill,  I had the same question asked yesterday, which I forwarded to Minelab USA.

No such sale will happen here in the USA according to the email I got from Minelab and Phil Beck the GM."

By my calculations the discount is worth $376 using a $1.33 conversion rate that LuckyLundy provided. Come on Minelab, do the right thing!

Bill
  • Like 1

15% is still mighty short to what other Countries will be paying for this new coil.  Now, I'm from California and use to being charged more for a gallon of fuel, pound of ground beef and so on.  You have to be rich to live in this State...Yes, I'm stupid! But not stupid with my $$$...I'm shopping with my Greenbacks, Malaysia, Mexico?  You see me swinging one, you know I did my homework!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

15% is still mighty short to what other Countries will be paying for this new coil.  Now, I'm from California and use to being charged more for a gallon of fuel, pound of ground beef and so on.  You have to be rich to live in this State...Yes, I'm stupid! But not stupid with my $$$...I'm shopping with my Greenbacks, Malaysia, Mexico?  You see me swinging one, you know I did my homework!

Yes I would say that still comes up short especially considering that those that paid full price for the GPZ should not only get the discount others in the world are getting but also the military discount as well if they qualify!! 

Edit: P.S. The more I think about it those that paid the full $10,000 price should get this new coil for free IMHO, since ML dropped the price $2000 shortly afterwards!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gold Seeker said:

Edit: P.S. The more I think about it those that paid the full $10,000 price should get this new coil for free IMHO, since ML dropped the price $2000 shortly afterwards!!

I agree and suggested this when they first dropped the GPZ price. It was originally actually $10,700 though, wasn't it? (you know prices have gotten out of hand when rounding results in enough error to buy an entire mid level detector...)

Is the deal in Australia that you had to pay full retail price? A consideration may be that few in the US pay retail price. Still, seems like they should offer to those who did.

If not then sign me up too, maybe I can resell the coil and recoup some of the loss I had to take after they crashed the used Z market! :tongue:

• Like 1

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24353-gpz19-coil-and-images-placed-on-my-fb-business-page

My friend and Prospecting Hero responds to the usual naysayers and critics on the oz forum....

Jonathan has given freely of his knowledge and skills to many prospectors; to bad the idiots have chased him away.  I miss his posts.

Jonathan, if you read this,would you explain your comment about "large deep nuggets are a learned approach with ZVT"?

fred

4 hours ago, fredmason said:

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24353-gpz19-coil-and-images-placed-on-my-fb-business-page

My friend and Prospecting Hero responds to the usual naysayers and critics on the oz forum....

Jonathan has given freely of his knowledge and skills to many prospectors; to bad the idiots have chased him away.  I miss his posts.

Jonathan, if you read this,would you explain your comment about "large deep nuggets are a learned approach with ZVT"?

fred

Tis the nature of us huuumans........... show what your get and some huuumans decide they are rings ins (cos they can`t find em or whatever) don`t show and some huuumans decide your holding back (cos your just a greedy bugger or whatever). Tis the nature of our species regardless of race, applies not only to gold.

"Gold brings out the best in his ingenuity, worst in his nature." I don`t know who we owe this Quote to, but he/she  was on the money.

Can`t wait til Nov 14 coil (release day in OZ), tis bloody hot out there but wild horses wont hold the 19" back.

• Like 1

Tis the nature of us huuumans..

Yes, there are always jerks, but its was my experience in Australia that there are a small but very notable  percentage of self-appointed idiots with egos bigger than all Australia who believe it is their mission in life to enforce the tall poppy syndrome. It was always shocking to me to see complete strangers, who didn't know JP from Adam's off ox, come up to him and bag on him - for no apparent reason!

There is no equivalent concept of the Tall poppy syndrome among the folks of the US - so it just seems like unbelievable rudeness to me. The vast majority of folks we met in Australia were fine people, good folks, blokes and ladies alike, but a small, though significant percentage never learned any concept of politeness and have a head full of dung instead of brains.

Its because of these self appointed idiots that I don't frequent the Aussie forums except on rare occasion.

• Like 3

Well I have it on good authority, that at least 1 fellow other than JP has a 19" coil in this 4M, you`ll know who it is if you check who has been absent from posting lately, the lad/lads are being very coy, rumour is amongst all the little ones he`s got a bigun.