Coiltek Will Start Making Coils For White's

Yes it is so. You can read all about it on the MD-Hunter Blog. The coils will be for the series of TDI detectors. Coiltek makes great coils but again I'm left out in the cold with my MX Sport.

Chuck

When referring to information from other websites, please link to it. Thanks!

http://md-hunter.com/minelab-loses-coiltek-exclusive-new-2016/

I got a chuckle over how it is spun as Minelab losing their "exclusive" with Coiltek. Just like any other aftermarket coil manufacturer the only way to expand sales ultimately is to expand the number of brands supported. Especially true now that the Minelab PI lineup that was the real bread and butter for Coiltek has come to an end.

I could not find these coils on the Coiltek website nor any mention of them at all anywhere else. Maybe Tom can confirm?

All true, here's the relevant links:

http://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/whites-tdi/

Its nothing really new,have been using a brand new Coiltek 14x9 Mono coil on my TDI Pro for most of this year,it was of course designed for the GPX range of detector but works exceptionally well on the TDI.

Only thing that one has too do is use a Minelab bottom rod on the TDI as the lags are slightly wider,i also use the 15x12 Commander coil and a 18'' Detech both are Mono coils and once again they all work well.

Also use Miner John made coils but with the Jimmy Sierra labels on them,10x6 folded Mono and the big fella the 20'' Grande Sierra Mono,all of these work well,the MJ made ones of course are specifically made for the TDI range,but the coils including Minelab branded coils and aftermarket coils that are made for the GPX/GP range also work very well,i will add that they dont work the other way around ie coils made for the TDI wont work on the GPX machines.

When Jimmy Sierra closed shop earlier in the year most of his branded coils for the TDI came up for sale on Ebay,all brand new but at crazy low prices,so hence this is why i snagged a few of them,even with shipping costs from the US over to the UK,the brand new 20'' coil which was specifically made for the TDI,which cost about $500 without shipping i bought mine for $160 including shipping the smaller coil was even much cheaper.

Thats good news about Coiltek becoming official suppliers,what i love about my 14x9 is that its foam filled which makes it as light as a much smaller coil,only down side being foam filled you cannot use it in the surf as it wants too float lol

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Only thing that one has too do is use a Minelab bottom rod on the TDI as the lags are slightly wider

I think extra gaskets will also do the trick.  I've used my Fisher GBPro lower rod interchangeably with the TDI/SPP lower rod (after just a tiny bit of filing) and I've put a Coiltek 6 inch diameter DD on my GBPro.  The latter required extra gaskets (that I bought at the hardware store) but it worked fine.  Maybe the heavier, torquier larger coils are more of a problem, though.  I don't have any large Coilteks so I can't say anything about that.

• Like 1

@GB_Amateur,you are correct you could use that option and pack the coil out,but as luck would have it i had a couple of new spare bottom rods from when i use to use my old Minelab Musketeer,and they worked a treat without buying any additional Whites rods.

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

Its nothing really new,have been using a brand new Coiltek 14x9 Mono coil on my TDI Pro for most of this year,it was of course designed for the GPX range of detector but works exceptionally well on the TDI.

I disagree. It was hit or miss using Coiltek coils designed for Minelab detectors on the White's TDI in the past, and in many cases the pulse delay had to be lowered to prevent overloads. Far better the coils be designed specifically for the machines they are to be used on.

Thanks for the link Goldpick.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I disagree. It was hit or miss using Coiltek coils designed for Minelab detectors on the White's TDI in the past, and in many cases the pulse delay had to be lowered to prevent overloads. Far better the coils be designed specifically for the machines they are to be used on.

Steve,for the purposes that i use the TDI Pro and the 'non' specifically made Coiltek coil combination running in straight PI mode which i will add are for hoard hunting deep containers and not gold nuggets,then i will 'disagree' with you.As the combination is ideally suited for my needs.The Commander coil may not be the best coil but once again it does for the occasions that i require it.

But i wont labour my conclusion on the 'non' specifically made Coiltek,i shall continue using this combination,we dont all need GPZ machines with large 19'' super hernia coils on for hoard hunting here in the UK,infact i can only recall one of these machines being bought but was sold on straight away,the TDI Pro or these days the 'sl' version are superb machines for UK beach and hoard hunting,these are the right tools and coil combinations 'for' our enviroment.

If i was a dedicated nugget hunter in Aussieland or Nevada then i would get the best tool for the job,i also use Nexus deep seeking machine which being a VLF machine does have full discrimination and totally compliments the TDI.

So what i am saying is you use the machines for your detecting enviroment and targets which is gold in it raw state,i use a totally different machine/s for my quest which is also gold but ideally Celtic gold coins its just gold in a different format and different enviroment,so i use the best machines that i see fit for the job and my skill set (which is far from novice skill set i may add) in this case the TDI Pro with and one of the coils that i use is the Coiltek.