Minelab F3 (rugged SD2000) Good Idea Or Not?

What do you think about Minelab F3 mine detector and how to compare to new SDC 2300? Where to buy?

go to minelab's website...I doubt you can buy the military version unless you are a military supplier...good luck.

Good idea but deosnt work as we know it ;)

They can be had surplus and used as at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-F3-metal-detector-/111038633077 or http://m.govliquidation.com/mobile?cmd=auction&item=view&auctionId=6636869

The electronics are different in the SDC 2300. How they compare, I do not know, as I prefer to stick with units made specifically for prospecting myself.

Sure, but we have money aspect here too. Many peoples from Australia use old military SD version... and thank you for link ;)

Sure, but we have money aspect here too. Many peoples from Australia use old military SD version... and thank you for link ;)

Its true, and they're superior to the SD series, the circuitry is actually based on the GP Extreme (from what I've read)  I own 2 of them myself, one modified one not (I am speaking of the Minelab F1A4) 

Anyway, Its a cheap PI Option... Well down under anyway... SPP Is a solid bet :)

So F3 Compact is IP67 rating wateroproof unit but F1A4 is only rain proof IP65 cert.

You can buy F3 S version and do all sensivity calibration and adjust overall performance by PC...

Garett Recon is good and cheap option too.

I was bought one few hours ago... and 'I will compare to my ATX ;)

• The title was changed to Minelab F3 (rugged SD2000) Good Idea Or Not?