New Detech Metal Detector - The Chaser

Hey Ron, no worries. In one regard it really is nothing new at all. JAMFD - Just Another Mid Frequency Detector in a world already flooded with similar units. I have lost count of the number of single frequency detectors running in the 13 - 15 kHz range. Do we really need another?

detech-chaser-specifications.jpg

The new Chaser is intuitive and extremely easy to operate:

• 5 languages Menu – English, French, Russian, Spanish and Turkish
  • It also features a HELP function in each of the languages in order to make thing easy for the beginner operator

With its multi-purpose 14 kHz operating frequency, this exceptional all-terrain metal detector is useful for all kinds of metal detecting:  coin shooting, relic hunting, nugget hunting, searching for very deep treasures, beach hunting… you name it!

• 180 units precise VDI scale
  • ID band on the display, showing the conductivity of the different targets, indicating the chosen degree of discrimination
  • Easily adjustable discrimination levels
  • Four preset discrimination programs: DISC ZERO, RELIC, COINS, BEACH.
  • Choice of three audio modes of operation: ONE TONE, DUAL TONE (MIXED), Tonal Identification (MULTITONE)
  • Accurate PINPOINT function with audio and visual indication
  • Easy to use MENU featuring 6 functions having intuitive assigned ICONS: Sensitivity, Volume, High/Low GAIN, Tone, Frequency, Memory (you can save your last used settings)
  • Full Ground Balance capabilities: Automatic (real time terrain tracking), Manual (you can fine tune it according to your specific needs and terrain) and Fixed (factory preset average value)
  • Built-in LED dual torches for illuminating the coil and the area in front of the operator (the operator can activate this function which is very useful for night hunting)
  • High Resolution 256 x 160 pixels illuminated display

Available coils: Ultimate 7”, Ultimate 9″ and Ultimate 13” search coils.

All search coils are fiber glass reinforced, ultralight, solidly built, waterproof and shock-resistant. Scratch resistant coil covers come standard with all coils.

• Like 1

I do like the look and the handle style is much more comfortable on my wrist. Yes its another vlf ...but pretty impressive on how clear the tone is on that non ferrous target with the iron nail over it. For me that would be the key to buying one, not necessarily the depth. Some detectors for my ears at least have way to much chatter..in trashy areas..would love to see more tests done by Detech in showing us what makes this one different form the others. 

• Like 2

I agree AuWander and lest anyone assume otherwise I did not mean to slight the Chaser. There are many subtle things that make me like a detector, and how it feels on my arm and how it sounds is high on the list. All the more so when depth is so very close on the top of the line machines as to make little difference most of the time. At the end of the day, the more options the better.

• Like 1