My Experiences With GPZ 19

Thanks for the advice JP, and well done on those fantastic gold finds...that's quite a massive dig hole that you're sitting on in your second post.  Looking forward to more tidbits about the GPZ 19 coil from you. 

"This 6 ounce piece could not be heard with a GPX 5000 with a 25" mono attached no matter what settings we tried. This is just some of the gold that was found with the GPZ 7000 and a large coil during development. If the gold is there the GPZ 7000 and GPZ19 combo will nail it."   -JP

cut and paste quote from JP from his FB site in association with the "giant hole" photo he posted above.  https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPorter.TheOutbackProspector/posts/1783833608524470

Wow even a 25" mono on a 5000 was unable to get a signal on the 6 ounce piece no matter what settings were tried.

Surely Normal  timing should have got a response with the 25" coil although I can see an EVO coil in the background but not a 25" coil .

I would have liked to see video clip of that event.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:32 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

At this stage I've been asked to write up some material on my experiences with the large coils so will hold off on going into too much detail here but keep an eye out once these go mainstream

You can now read the material JP referenced above at Minelab's Treasure Talk blog Practical tips for using the new GPZ 19 Super-D coil

My main take away from the article "You will find there is a reduction in sensitivity to small targets which means the sub 2 gram pieces are going to have to be either shallow to pick them up or you’re going to have to be prepared to go without while you wait for a subtle deep target."

• Like 1