SDC 2300 or ATX for Beach Hunting

Ok, so what about SDC 2300 for beach hunting?

I can't find anything about that... this is weird. Any videos, reviews just nothing.

How to compare ATX to SDC 2300 in salt conditions. Steve could you help with this?

Steve did a review on the ATX for beach hunting in Hawaii.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/102-garrett-atx-review-beach-detecting-in-hawaii/

The SCD 2300 hasn't been released for sale to the general public yet that I know of, and Steve just got his for testing, but it's suppose to be released very soon, so I doubt that anyone has had a chance to do any testing on beach hunting.

I know this review very well. Good. But I was found something more:

I have just returned home from spending two days at the Minelab SDC 2300 pre launch party at Kellyco metal detectors in Winter Park central Florida. 
It was a good opportunity to handle and test the new Minelab metal detector on a variety of small gold jewelry targets in the sandy test bed at Kellyco. 
My first impressions of the SDC 2300 are how compact the metal detector is and how sensitive it is to small gold targets. 
For someone like me who travels with a metal detector on vacation, the waterproof SDC 2300 is going to be easy to put in my carry on luggage or back pack, we sometimes spend our family vacations on Caribbean cruises and I beach and water hunt in different ports of call.
I was helping at the SDC 2300 launch party with the competition hunts, I figured I needed at least a day before hand to get to grips with the new metal detector.
I figured wrong!  it took me 10 minutes to become comfortable with the SDC 2300, the new pulse induction metal detector is so simple to operate, a real turn on and go gold machine.  
There is nothing complicated about the SDC 2300, unfold it, turn it on, set the sensitivity control to a preset level, noise cancel, set the threshold, ground balance and away you go.
My fellow training partner Alan the president of the local metal detecting club and I, conducted several simple tests to see if the SDC 2300 was going to be a good choice for gold jewelry hunting on the beach. 
Alan placed a thin gold chain ( no pendant) stretched out in a straight line on the sand, the SDC 2300 rang out loud and clear on the gold chain, good sign number one!! 
I placed a tiny gold ear ring back and gold post ear ring on the sand, again the SDC 2300 easily detected the small pieces of gold jewelry. 
We also detected a quarter coin on top of the sand with the eight inch mono coil 18 inches above the quarter, a very impressive air test. 
After an hour spent folding, unfolding and using the new metal detector we both had enough training on the SDC 2300 to confidently assist people testing and taking part in the competition hunts the following day. 
During one of the competition hunts yesterday, a guy approached us with some tiny gold flakes in a small glass bottle. 
The test was to see if the SDC 2300 could detect the tiny gold flakes in the bottle, in front of several witness's the SDC 2300 detected the very small gold flakes. 
From my limited time using the new SDC 2300, I can see this waterproof metal detector being an asset to gold jewelry hunters on the beach. 
I ordered an SDC 2300 and look forward to having another treasure hunting tool to help me recover those difficult targets to detect on the beach, diamond stud ear rings and gold chains. 

The trouble with the "small glass bottle" is the the caps have foil in them to seal the lid when tightened...I would bet that is what the detector was signaling on...

fred

True.

In the above video test on the Nickel and Gold chain why didn’t they use the external speaker on the SDC as they did with the ATX. Therefore not fair comparisons as you are only taken the word of the fellow wearing the SDC headphone that he can or cannot hear a signal.

In regards to the depth test on the Nickel the SDC definitely got a response on the Nickel at 14” from what I heard coming out of the headphone.

In regards to the Gold chain test well without the use of the speaker you again have to believe the fellow wearing the headphone.

In the above video test on the Nickel and Gold chain why didn’t they use the external speaker on the SDC as they did with the ATX. Therefore not fair comparisons as you are only taken the word of the fellow wearing the SDC headphone that he can or cannot hear a signal.

In regards to the depth test on the Nickel the SDC definitely got a response on the Nickel at 14” from what I heard coming out of the headphone.

In regards to the Gold chain test well without the use of the speaker you again have to believe the fellow wearing the headphone.

He didn't have his earphones on for the nickel, he even said that he needed to have them on to hear the signal better, if you turn your sound up you can hear the nickel signal on the SDC 2300.

I couldn't tell if he had them on for the necklace, but I think he did, but the ocean noise was too much for me to hear a signal if he didn't have them on.

He didn't have his earphones on for the nickel, he even said that he needed to have them on to hear the signal better, if you turn your sound up you can hear the nickel signal on the SDC 2300.

I couldn't tell if he had them on for the necklace, but I think he did, but the ocean noise was too much for me to hear a signal if he didn't have them on.

Okay my apologies as I took it the wrong way when I heard said "you have got to have your earphones on" and now having played it back a few more times the SDC has the weaker response on the Nickel than the ATX.

Also when re-playing back the Gold chain test and during a pause I cannot see a cable coming out from the side the SDC so it appears he did not have earphones on for this test either.

I wonder if the tests with the SDC in Normal mode instead of Salt would have made any difference although I expect the Salt settings is made for that environment ? 

Sorry to confuse you all as the ATX seems to be more sensitive on both of these test targets.