Detech 15" Ultimate DD In Southwest US ?

bado1

Has anybody tried the Detech 15" DD Ultimate in the SW US like Gold Basin, Quartzite or Nevada?

I recently purchased one because I didn't have a DD coil and wanted to have one in the coil arsenal. I've used it a couple of times in Central Arizona just to give it a test run and I am impressed with it's sensitivity and depth on small targets...that's all there is here...haven't got it over any large/deep targets yet. Neenad Lonic has done a few videos featuring this coil with very positive results (great videos, as usual, from Neenad). I haven't heard anything from anybody, though, using this coil here in the desert southwest. Not many use DDs with their GPXs I realize, but this DD seems to be a leap forward in DD technology. How about it? Anybody used one here in the SW? Thanks!

Dean

Talked with a customer yesterday who ordered a Detech 8in DD for Gold Basin, he has been using the 15in Ultimate Spiral DD GPX coil and has been ( killing it ), his words, on nuggets and meteorites. Said he follows after others and picks up missed gold.

Gold Basin Find.JPG

• Like 3

The other reason is that Gold Basin and many spots in Quartzsite are among the most mild soils in the US, relatively low EMI, so there aren't a lot of people who pack the DD along to those places these days.

There are some specific spots in Q that the coil might come in handy, and those blowouts you find in the area with all the magnetite bombs. But at Gold Basin I'm not sure I see any reason to run a DD, even that Detech one. DD's get worse results on low iron chondrites from my experience (like the GB one), I'd definitely be testing it out compared to a mono before spending a lot of time in the field there anyways wondering if you missed something. But you can run small monos out there full bore, larger ones like 16" are even better so I don't see a compelling reason to run a DD there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a nice letter from a client in N Queensland who has been visiting his old patches with the Detech 15in Ultimate DD coil on his GPX 5000. He has pounded these spots with the newest other brands but says that the Detech coil has worked in ground where the others struggled. Some nice gold, 2oz nugget was down 20 inches.

15in Ultimate DD Nugget.JPG

15in Ultimate DD OZ.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I am to curious about this coil. I use a 14" elite mono and have great luck,punches deep, excellent on small gold...... really happy with it. I do need a big, best depth coil just to check all my spots. I was researching the nugget finder 25" mono and seen a video on the detech 15" coil out punching the 25. kinda thru me a curv ball, I was set on the 25 but if I can do the same with a smaller coil then ill get that. I'm just waiting on more info

20 hours ago, Goldgetter said:

I am to curious about this coil. I use a 14" elite mono and have great luck,punches deep, excellent on small gold...... really happy with it. I do need a big, best depth coil just to check all my spots. I was researching the nugget finder 25" mono and seen a video on the detech 15" coil out punching the 25. kinda thru me a curv ball, I was set on the 25 but if I can do the same with a smaller coil then ill get that. I'm just waiting on more info

Goldgetter,

I have found gold with this coil and was surprised by it's sensitivity for being a large DD. I couldn't speak to it's depth capabilities though as the ground I have hunted with it isn't that deep. I got it for very mineralised ground. The only draw back is it's weight. I have the 8"  version too and absolutely love it. Super sensitive. Excellent DD coils.

Dean

• Like 1