First Nugget 4 19in Coil

Gold Hound

8 minutes ago, rc62burke said:

Ahh will it be time for a hipstick mate they damn well help us mere mortals  LOL

cheers

Lee

I can't stand using a bungee as they impede my swing too much and I would have to wear a backpack or harness. 

I hate wearing backbacks and harnesses as I overheat! Its bloody hot most of the year where I work it easily gets over 43degc in the shade.

And I like to have no shirt on for part of the day as it helps me keep my body temp down and manage myself in the extreme heat so I can work longer. Hydrolite sports in my water also helps as it replaces your tissue salts particularly magnesium as I have to drink about 6l of water per day, and if you sweat all of your salts out you will get cramps or dehydrated. The body can't hold water without any salts.

• Like 5

Do you switch between arms Dale? I bit the bullet and went full bungee/backpack when I got my GPZ/14, and even then with daily detecting my right arm was like twice the size as my left after a couple months. Even kept a dumbbell in my trailer to try to even it out a bit. Using that 19" without a bungee...I can't even imagine. 

*oops just realized due to the time you're already gone. Good luck, can't wait to see some more results.

Congratulations Gold Hound, this is what I like to read, because until now I only read complaints, like I said time will show the real potential of this new coil. Cheers

Dale, Thanks for your info on your latest Z19 find, great find, and for your videos.

re ( The 14 could not pick it up until about 250mm was removed )

Was the 14In coil on a mates Z? and if so did he have the same settings as your Z?

Peter

I am really surprised you were able to use pin pointer.  My last trip out, I found out my pin pointer (Garrett) was affecting the 7000 more than the pick! (even when off and high up on my shoulder)  I had to extend the coil way out in front of me.

Great find!!  And thanks for the depth info.

A fix that has worked well is to wrap the Garrett pin pointer with heavy aluminum foil.  The bottom of a throw away pie or cake pan is good.  Cover it from just below the speaker hole down past the tip.  The foil needs to overlap to make an electrical short circuit around the probe.  Keep the pin pointer inside the foil until the final gluing has set.  Wrap the foil with black Gorilla Duct tape.  Line the inside of the Garrett belt holster with GOO glue then insert the assembled shield with the probe still inside to keep the foil from collapsing.  
  I have used this for the GPX 5000 and the GPX 7000 with no problems.  This shields the pin pointer internal coil from the detector but the aluminum foil can still be detected at a greatly reduced signal level.  Experiment with locations on your body to get the greatest separation between the coil swing and the aluminum foil.  Slightly behind your left or right side depending on which arm you swing with seems to work.  Attached to the backside of your finds or trash pouch is a good location.
   When using the pin pointer the coil needs to be positioned as far away as practical for the terrain.
Have a good day,
Chet   

• Like 3

Deteknix, Minelab, Nokta & Makro pointers don't interfere with any detector when they are switched off. Can't believe Garret hasn't fixed this issue with their pin-pointers. Is the orange AT still the same? 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, jasong said:

That's officially the deepest I've ever seen a nugget detected then, just wow since it's "only" a 66 gram speci and still getting that depth. That's 35 inches! Nice one.

Any chance you could do a quick air test on it so we can relate in-field performance to some of the air tests published?

The air tests that jasong refers too that were published only showed a maximum air depth with the new 19 inch coil ranging between 16.5 inches to 19 inches " on a 192 gram nugget although the best depth of 20 inches was on an 89 gram nugget.

Hopefully then as jasong says, could Gold Hound do a quick air test with the 66 gram speci.