First Nugget 4 19in Coil

Gold Hound

Agreed Paul. The whole air test brigade has me a bit baffled. There is no mineralisation in "air". The whole point of any detector is the software dealing with the mineralisation in the ground, isn't it? Who cares how far away it picks it up in the air, unless of course you are walking over a field of sunbakers holding your 7000 two foot above the ground ... try that with the 19" coil ....

Cheers

BB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tis true about air test, but would be good if that ground was as easy as air to get out of the way to get at the nugget. Dug a bloody 50kg waterworn rock out of hard dry clay, top of it down about a foot, bottom about a mile, moment I hit it I knew it was the signal, but no I had to get it out to confirm the bloody foot of Gibraltar wasn`t under it. Lucky it was only just over 40C, and under a shady tree. Bloody crazy hobby we whoops "some" people have............

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

I would rather see a live dig...air tests don't really mean much to me,  except that the machine is turned on....

They seem to create a big stir about nothing. Am I wrong? Seems like wasted time.

Live digs are the cats a..

Yes I agree also with "Live Digs" so why wouldn't he video such an exciting find with the new big coil at an outstanding depth and record the whole event to prove beyond any doubt.

Air tests aren't useless. But I agree it's rash to judge anything detector related without an equally rigorous field test in actual conditions.

Gold Hound is a very experienced and talented operator, if anyone can show what a machine is capable of in the field I'd trust him to show it, looking forward to some vids!

On 11/26/2016 at 5:36 PM, goldenoldie said:

Yes I agree also with "Live Digs" so why wouldn't he video such an exciting find with the new big coil at an outstanding depth and record the whole event to prove beyond any doubt.

Probably because he hasn't got time to video every dig he makes....and he certainly doesn't have to prove anything, about anything, to anyone.

Now we do know the Goldhounds put together great videos of their missions every year, so hang on and there will be plenty of live digs.... In the meantime, I wanna make some of my own... digging gold....  not air.

Not being rude Jasong... But the rationale.. that if  x=y, then y=? doesn't mean anything... X is always an unknown,  right?  ( or maybe a variable)

I scour the internet nightly for live digs with the 19....nothing yet..

• Like 1

Hang in there Paul, I can feel one coming on. Yes I take my hat off to the GHs, just love their videos but they have nothing to prove, neither does anyone else. Only real way to prove the 19" is do it yourself, I suspect in 6 months all the drama over the ability of the 19" will be buried as was the case of the Z originally. I bought one on MLs past machines gold producing ability, as I did the 19", I know I wont be disappointed in what the 19" comes up with either. It will pay for itself many times over.

Go the GHs

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

Not being rude Jasong... But the rationale.. that if  x=y, then y=? doesn't mean anything... X is always an unknown,  right?  ( or maybe a variable)

You lost me, not sure what you mean.

6 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Probably because he hasn't got time to video every dig he makes....and he certainly doesn't have to prove anything, about anything, to anyone.

Now we do know the Goldhounds put together great videos of their missions every year, so hang on and there will be plenty of live digs.... In the meantime, I wanna make some of my own... digging gold....  not air.

I scour the internet nightly for live digs with the 19....nothing yet..

"Well mate" to coin an Aussie saying, each to their own so as far I am concerned and without video evidence I do not believe the depth this fella speaks about 35" depth on the 66 gram specie, and you can believe what you wish. 

Hi guy's

Thanks for the reply's!

I don't bother filming any more as I don't have the time to edit and no internet where I live doesn't help either. I only have internet on my phone when I'm in transit or visiting a friend. And I'm that busy making a living and managing our company's exploration projects I no longer have time to edit film.

I could not believe how deep I got such a small speci ether and how sensitive a coil of this size is to small gold, its now proven its self to me to be run as my standard coil!

In a few month's those that were sensible enough to give the coil a proper run will not regret it. It will be just like when I said how good the 7k is, and got bagged on au forums, a bit of history repeating. 

It is funny how only positive accounts get bagged or scrutinized but negative ones get much less scrutiny. And most of the time the negative ones are full of operator errors. 

• Like 7