Some New Video's The GPZ Warble And 19 Inch In The Field

DDancer

As I occassionaly do on my off days I check around YouTube for new stuff on the Zed.  Today was a nice suprise.  I want to thank Aussie Bloke and Gold chaser for these new vid's.

Aussie Bloke has put out one on my favorite noise The Zed Warble :)  Something to pay attention to : 

And Gold Chaser has a series of video's on the gpz 19".   Gotta love calcrete .  Hopefully all the video's will play in succession otherwise look it up at youtube. :

• Like 2

A couple things I noticed - the guy has his GPZ set on a very high pitched frequency, which makes it sound weird - but to each his own as the sound is a preference thing. The other observation is that he moves his coil in circles and figure 8 patterns - not a normal back and forth motion, which I think amplifies the effect of his "warble" because he keeps going over the target at different angles and crossing points on his coil. I think if he swung the coil normally, it would be a more consistent response.

• Like 3

I have had this "Warble" signal many times. Not all the signals I have had like that have been solid nuggets, in fact a lot were good sized specimens(squash ball size) at depth(500mm+). The Warble usually gets me excited :-)

I agree with you Chris his swing exaggerates the effect.

• Like 1

thanks for posting, DD!  Way back when Doug Stone did a video for the 2200 being able to see the use and hear the response helped me immensely...

so do these videos of users and the gpz....everything that exposes my brain to GPZ sights or sounds can be helpful in learning MORE.  I just wish I had immediate and total recall...

fred

• Like 1

*nods* Swing does affect the signal, warble, however its one that should not be ignored.  It can, and sometimes is, ignored as a hot rock or ground signal under some instances.  I know, I've dug them ;) found a few species as a result myself.  And I'll grant his signal was shallow in my opinion.  There is one more signal that I was not able to successfully record, and I don't subscribe or upload to youtube, and that is the "treble"  signal.  Maybe I'll find one vid of it.  However there is a load of info just in the observations and to that I think we all agree.

• Like 1