Minelab PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System

New Product - PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System - Coming Soon!

Minelab is pleased to announce that our newest accessory, the PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System will be available soon. PRO‑SONIC generates clear and fast audio responses using advanced wireless technology. It's easy to set up and go detecting, with no messy cables to get tangled in!

The PRO‑SONIC Receive Module features an internal loudspeaker and a 6.35mm (¼") headphone socket for use with your choice of headphones. It can be attached to your harness or clothing using the metal belt clip.

minelab-pro-sonic-wireless-detector-audio-module.jpg

Features:

• Use headphones or built-in speaker
  • Adjustable volume setting
  • 10 m / 32-feet operating range
  • SDC 2300 adapter cable included
  • Charge from your car, AC power or USB charger

Compatible with most Minelab and other brand detectors! Download the color brochure

minelab-pro-sonic-wireless-detector-audio-module-system.jpg

minelab-pro-sonic-wireless-module.jpg

minelab-pro-sonic-wireless-detector-brochure-specifications.jpg

• Like 1

I like this system because it has a built in speaker which other competitors lack. What I wonder is whether the receiver module is compatible with either the WM10 or WM12 modules? I would think it might be and that by getting this a person might be getting a second receiver module that could be used as backup or in tandem with the WM10 or WM12?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I like this system because it has a built in speaker which other competitors lack. What I wonder is whether the receiver module is compatible with either the WM10 or WM12 modules? I would think it might be and that by getting this a person might be getting a second receiver module that could be used as backup or in tandem with the WM10 or WM12?

Steve I don't think the system is compatible with the WM12 or WM 10, it wasn't mentioned when I did some testing with it anyway. I feel it is actually a stronger WiFi set up than whats available on the GPZ plus the receiver has a volume control rather than using the inbuilt volume controls or you can use a combination of both.

This set up will be a boon for SDC users, especially as it has the SDC adapter as part of the kit.

JP 

• Like 3

Wow that is a product that would have sold like hot cakes back a bit, imagine 40 years back. Certainly a need for the SDC, and not bad to have in case the WM10 or 12 give troubles. Crikey Tech advances are magic.

Thanks JP. Minelab sure likes making new part numbers through incompatibility. Why have three similar but incompatible wireless audio systems? I do like the idea of a volume control directly on the module and wish my GPZ in particular had that feature. Maybe they will retrofit the system into the CTX and GPZ at some point so everything works together.

• Like 3

As much as I like Minelab ... they like to sell things separately.  I had to pay over $100 for that adapter for the 2300.  If they include one with this system then it will be pricier ... how much?

I already bought a wireless for my 2300, so now a new one ... and the new coil ... they want all my money!

Sell me some Australian maps to the gold so I can pay for it all.

If the new transmitter can work with CTX 3030 WM10 it will be awesome! If not... not good.

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

As much as I like Minelab ... they like to sell things separately.  I had to pay over $100 for that adapter for the 2300.  If they include one with this system then it will be pricier ... how much?

I already bought a wireless for my 2300, so now a new one ... and the new coil ... they want all my money!

Sell me some Australian maps to the gold so I can pay for it all.

The adapter for the SDC is an aftermarket product not a genuine accessory from Minelab. The SONIC-PRO will come with an adapter to suit the SDC so the transmitter can be hooked up to the detectors audio. 

Hope this helps

JP

• Like 1