Minelab PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System

On 1/5/2017 at 3:41 AM, canslawhero said:

thanks Steve, looks good....would have liked him to move that nugget quickly across just to see the limit.

I'm going to buy one for my spring start with my goal to find enough clad (loonies and toonies) to pay for it!

or maybe I'll get a couple gold rings to pay it off quicker....

I prefer this over the Garrett unit even with the cost difference.

cheers

Hi Canalawhero
Did you end up buying and using the Prosonic on the SDC2300?
If so what did you think of it and any perceived signal latency?
I'm thinking of getting one for my SDC2300, though have read some mixed reviews on dropped signal, crackly speaker and signal delay.
What's your take on those?
Cheers,
Crocket

I bought one, it had a slight delay, you'd notice it more if you were coin hunting than gold hunting using it I think as gold hunting you tend to use a pick and dig bigger holes, coin hunting you need as accurate positioning as possible so as fast audio as possible.  The audio on it was nice and clear, and the sound volume level was good, the delay was probably the biggest issue and when it drops signal it's kinda weird, the drops are far more noticeable than with the WM10 and WM12, not sure what's different there but the audio drops on them don't seem as severe or as long to recover as with the Pro Sonic.

Audio dropouts regularity were no different to the WM10 and WM12, same technology I guess.  It does drop out especially if your body gets between the Receive module and the TX unit so you're best to wear it on the side of your swing arm.

The other problem I had was my first one arrived with the decal on upside down so the lights and buttons didn't line up.

IMG_20210503_115809.jpg.d38800711ec01348657e908a564e7046.jpg

IMG_20210503_115853_1.jpg.bf605b1cb949579fc523d689672d9934.jpg

IMG_20210503_115918.jpg.b9298961d8a4c6b6cc54efad0c7090e2.jpg

My replacement for the upside down one died within a week, would no longer power on or charge.  From there I just took a refund and gave up on the product.  I wasn't all that happy with it's performance anyway.

They need to make a modern version using aptX Bluetooth low latency then it might be a bit better and more versatile too.  I think it's extremely over-priced for what it is.   

• Like 1

Thanks phrunt for the detailed reply.
Have you tried it on an SDC2300?
How long ago was your experience with one?
Just wondering if they have done any tweaks since they first came out?
I have read the WM10 &12 use a 'wi-stream' technology, whereas others may be cheaper tech. I don't know what the Prosonic uses. I only detect for gold so think regular dropouts would bug me more than a very slight slight delay. I've seen a YouTube video which seems to show little to no delay (this clip - from the 12.00 minute mark), though have read from others there can be.

Mine was about a month or two ago if that, so the latest revision if they have even done a revision on them.  It's a 50ms delay on the Pro Sonic, which is slower than Bluetooth Low latency.  I assume that's under ideal signal conditions too.

• Like 2