Minelab PRO-SONIC Universal Wireless Audio System

I will either wait for White's to come out with one for my MXT or if they are too slow about it I will get the Garrett for $128.00

No rush since I use my V3i mostly now.  

Those prices are out of line....... But thats just me.

I agree johnedoe - the price is out of line. 

Maybe ok if it was adaptable across machines, the pro sonic and the wm12 were compatable with the ZED, compatable with whatever the 3030 uses, if the SDC adaptor had a normal audio plug instead of a USB. 

I am not a technical whiz but considering the utterly amazing technical things that can be done in this world I am utterly amazed that it can't be used as a second speaker for the Z or 3030. 

It almost seems like Minelab have gone out of their way to make things incompatible and therefore make the consumer buy more and more. 

I understand they are a business and they are out there to make money but a happy customer base is what brings repeat business.  

I have 2 minelab detectors and they are fantastic - for the price they should be!!  On this occasion though, I think I can make a bastardized wireless version for the SDC for about half the price ?

Rant over.  Thanks for listening. I feel better now ??

• Like 2

the <50ms spec doesn't look good.....

on the Minelab site, knowledge base....I see this...

"Wi-Stream uses efficient low-power digital audio transmission to achieve no perceivable audio time lag (<10 ms) from the CTX 3030 / GPZ 7000 to the WM 10 / WM 12. With multiple channel capability, this wireless technology provides reliable communication with maximum sound quality."

notice the <10ms......

if these use different technology than "wi-stream", ie Deteknix 'like' chinese tech you'd see the poor response time...I'm really hoping this is NOT the case....I had a CTX and was amazed at how good the wireless audio was.

Can someone (who can) verify with Minelab that the pro-sonic tech IS Wi-Stream AND delay is <10ms

and not <50ms, which btw IS noticeable....and the chinese versions simply suck in use on my G2+ (it's fast)

cheers

• Like 1

I can't answer your question from a technical point of view but this new user video review might. Check it out starting at 12:00 point to get to the action. I think the main value in the PRO-SONIC is for SDC-2300 owners in particular due to the included adapter cable and the fact that the external speaker on the SDC is on the weak side when it comes to audio output.

thanks Steve, looks good....would have liked him to move that nugget quickly across just to see the limit.

I'm going to buy one for my spring start with my goal to find enough clad (loonies and toonies) to pay for it!

or maybe I'll get a couple gold rings to pay it off quicker....

I prefer this over the Garrett unit even with the cost difference.

cheers

Maybe its just me but I think a set of wireless headphones should be just that. Who the hell wants a cord wrapped around their neck? Other than having another external speaker the system looks to be at least 10 years out of date. The White's V3i "Wireless" headphones came out in 2009! Eight years later and we have cords wrapped around our necks and a big box hanging off our shirts? Oh Boy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

Maybe its just me but I think a set of wireless headphones should be just that. Who the hell wants a cord wrapped around their neck? Other than having another external speaker the system looks to be at least 10 years out of date. The White's V3i "Wireless" headphones came out in 2009! Eight years later and we have cords wrapped around our necks and a big box hanging off our shirts? Oh Boy! 

The problem with proprietary headphones is no choice. The V3i wireless headphone is a fail for me because you have exactly one choice of headphone. I vastly prefer a system like this that has a speaker built in and the option to use any headphone I want. Or something like the Garrett which lacks the speaker but again, any headphone I want, and more important, with any machine I want. The pricey V3i headphone only works with a V3i.

Same reason I am not getting the Makro Racer 2 wireless headphone option. Money spent for headphones I probably won't like that will only work with a Racer 2 or Gold Racer.

• Like 2

I hear you Steve. I do like the Racer headphones though. $119, comfortable, fairly cool and decent sound make it a bargain for me. I'm looking forward to trying the Garrett system on my DFX. 

• Like 1