New Metal Detectors Machines 2017

On 12/4/2016 at 2:39 PM, Rick Kempf said:

I suspect the new Minelab will be Africa only - like the deus variant distributed there.

A good number of American dealers are taking orders for the new gold monster from Minelab right now, with delivery scheduled for something like April. I expect you may be wrong in assuming its an Africa only product. I think the fact that a number of dealers are taking orders for the same price and with the same projected delivery time means the dealers have been asked to do this, and that it will be available here in the US, probably in April like the dealers say.

That's good news - more choice is a good thing.  Hopefully Deus will market their label version of the Depar 600 as well.  I will be in the UAE for a while, starting next week, I may get a chance to play with the Depar and perhaps even the ML.

• Like 1

I dont think the New Minelab Gold Monster is good enough.

What we expected is more useful detector throughout the world .

Minelab should think about it to introduce detector like GPZ 7000 with iron reject discrimination because who will waste his time for digging upto 2 or 3 feet for iron. No one will 

2 hours ago, Sajuu said:

Minelab should think about it to introduce detector like GPZ 7000 with iron reject discrimination because who will waste his time for digging upto 2 or 3 feet for iron. No one will 

I will! Because there's a chance that it's not iron when in gold country or that there's a big nugget sitting under the iron. If iron discrimination on the 7000 was easy to accomplish, it would be done already. 

I think we have what we have and have to work with that.

If magic wands that find and dig the gold for us were available we would all have one and gold would be worth 5 bucks an ounce!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sajuu said:

That will come with time. For now, as Digger Jones says, we have to use what we have. At the moment you get to choose. You can have decent discrimination, but limited depth. Or you can have great depth, but limited or no discrimination. I think the signal to noise problem inherent in detecting means the detectors that get the best depth will always lack enough target information to fully discriminate the deepest targets.

Not everyone can afford a $7000 metal detector. Over the years amazing amounts of gold has been found and continues to be found with $700 metal detectors. It is good to have depth of detection, but there are still plenty of shallow items to find for the first person to put the coil over them. We not only have to use the technology available, but also what we can afford. Hard work, good research, and putting yourself in the right place can make up for the lack of technology.

• Like 8

Very true, Steve. The prospector will also always need to deal with the fact that the detector will see a target farther than it can discriminate accurately. This is true for both VLF and PI types and I am sure that if and when it arrives on the GPZ platform, it will be a factor there too.

Actually, I think the GM1000 will end up becoming a very popular detector. I know that at the Minelab dealers conference, the dealers who looked at it were very excited about the GM1000 coming on the market.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2017 at 6:55 PM, Digger Jones said:

I will! Because there's a chance that it's not iron when in gold country or that there's a big nugget sitting under the iron. If iron discrimination on the 7000 was easy to accomplish, it would be done already. 

I think we have what we have and have to work with that.

If magic wands that find and dig the gold for us were available we would all have one and gold would be worth 5 bucks an ounce!

Hello, Digger Jones

Sorry Sir

What can i say if you want to waste your time by digging the ground for iron not because you are digging for iron but for gold and precious items

As i said we were expecting that minelab will introduce better detector than they did so is not bad to expect i think

We have what we have and we have to move forward . No one is going to agree with you if he is paying $7000 to $8000 for the thing that will waste their time . Ofcourse they will try their best to have the best technology . Things are not easy but not impossible i do believe that .

Best technology plus good knowledge leads you to success.

3 hours ago, Sajuu said:

Best technology plus good knowledge leads you to success

36 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Knowing how to operate your detector to its full potential in any goldfield situation & digging all signals is what will lead you to success.....at the present point in time

I think ML are on a winner with the new Gold Monster 1000 coming out by upgrading their lower end scale detector. Surely they have done their homework and looked at demand in the market place and supplied a machine for it.

I'm sure it will be cost friendly to family's budgets. A new machine, newer technology in the market is very enticing to want one.

Just imagine the excitement on sum young kids face when they dig up their first nugget with the new Gold Monster 1000.That is the success ML is thinking about I recon (then of course the kid wants a bigger & better detector) more $$$$$$ to ML

Everyone measures success differently !

My measure of success is getting out there swinging and leaving all the cares in the world behind.

I dig everything. I don't discriminate. I love wasting time digging all targets. Its the thrill of the chase that gets me in. Gold is a bonus

Cheers ozgold

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Time for a recap and update to original post. How did it all shake out?

First Texas (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics) - The Fisher CZX was targeted for 2016 but is running late. Not even rumors now and something would have to happen soon to make it by the holiday purchasing season. Maybe 2018 now. First Texas are basically the odd guys out now with nothing new in a very long time. I am not sure what to make of the announcement that a new PI is in the works. This could lead be simply a parallel product track or a sign that the CZX project has run into a wall.

Garrett - The new coils/versions of ATX finally appeared, and new machine (AT Pro 2?) announced for 2017 happened as expected - the Garrett AT Max. There was also the introduction of the Z-Lynk wireless system. That presumably wraps a successful model introduction year up for Garrett.

Minelab - From Codan 2016 Annual Report, page 9: "In response to customer demand, two new products are planned for release in FY17. A larger coil for the GPZ 7000® will give a significant depth increase over the standard coil. In addition to this, an entry-level gold detector will be released to the African market at the end of 2016. This product has been specifically designed for the African market to fill a gap in our product range, and is expected to quickly take market share from competitors."

This of course turned out to be the Minelab Gold Monster 1000. There was also the introduction of the Pro-Sonic wireless system. Minelab tossed in a last minute surprise also with another new model to be announced in September.

Nokta/Makro - The new selectable frequency detector announcement due by year end happened as expected - the Nokta Impact. These folks are on a roll so look for waterproof detectors and possibly a PI in 2018.

XP - The long awaited XP V4 update for the Deus happened as expected - Deus V4. Nothing else on the horizon except possibly a dedicated nugget detector version like the Depar DPR 600 for the U.S. market.

White's - Nothing was really expected for 2017 so no surprises so far. If anything was planned for year end I would expect we would be hearing about it before too soon.

Barring any last minute holiday surprises the Minelab new model to be announced in September should wrap it up for the year.

• Like 1