• 5 years later...

Let's see how long it takes for New York to either make it illegal or charge a "permit fee".

• Oh my! 1

I like gold and all, but I'm drawing the line at sewer hunting

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By jasong
      Are there any such labs that cater to smaller companies and prospectors? The bigger labs all seem swamped, I can barely get them to respond to small fry like me. I'd like to get results in 2-3 weeks if possible, but still be affordable.
      Need both fire assay and ICP-AES or similar spectrometry for other elements. Not XRF.
    • By osbod007
      I may be missing something here but I'm inquiring to see if someone might clear up my question?  I believe mining reports of gold recovered are quoted in ounces per ton processed. My question is 'what is the physical dimension of a ton'?  I've done some research and came up with the general consensus that one cubic (3'X3'X3') yard of dry dirt is approximately  2000 lbs. However one cubic yard of dry sand is quoted as approximately 2800 lbs. and a cubic yard of mixed gravel is quoted as approximately 2600 lbs.  Do these figures seem correct?  I would think quoting ounces per cubic yard more meaningful.   If drywashing I guess the weight for dry dirt would be close enough to figure the approximate recovery rate per yard?
    • By Steve D
      Hello all!  I am looking for a recommendation for a fair, honest assay place, preferably in the Reno/Sparks area.  I found some ore pieces that I have crushed and extracted about 70 grams of electrum, with an unknown silver content.  I attached a picture for reference and I figure someone out there likes looking at the gold pictures as much as I do!

• By madtuna
      Spotted a jar half sticking out of the ground yesterday...….

Between 10 and 15 kg of Mercury. 👍 Will break it down into 1kg lots and process it through my retort as it appears quite gritty so could be holding a bit of gold.
      Sure beats the 3 grams I found too😃
    • By Bash
      Wasn't quite sure what forum to post this in, but i found this today at an old park.  The split in it makes me think fishing weight, but, could it possibly be a prill?  I found it in an area close to the placer fields, and the old mines above Helena, MT.
      ~Bash

• By Reveriequaint
      Make sure you let me know what you see, I’m fresh but curious as a prospector. Thanks