Thoughts On The TDI SL ?

tboykin

Dug the coil out of storage, mounted it on the Tdi Sl and all is good to go. Just feels weightless mounted on the Tdi Sl, this rig is super light and well balanced. The lighter battery pack helps also. I could swing this thing all day. Also looking forward to heading out into the goldfields, all has been organised for early in the new week.  All the best.

IMG_1772_edited.jpg

IMG_1777_edited.jpg

IMG_1794_edited.jpg

• Like 4

On the road...

hit the road.jpg

• Like 5

Good luck, Mike. Hope that rig knocks 'em dead!

Jim

Goodness sakes Karelian, I thought I was the only person who took everything but the kitchen sink detecting!

Good luck sir, I hope you find a big one.

It must be said that you can run the Tdi Sl with ground balance 'OFF' when using the small Tdi 6x4 coil. I tried it in a very quartz infused open cut, worked very well. Tried again in an area with iron stone and hot rocks, no joy since it is very noisy and picks up all the hot rocks etc but ground balance was easy and once set up she ran very quiet and smooth in this location.  I will upload a link later since I did shoot a bit of video with the SL without ground balance, then  with ground balance etc. One location pictured shows the Sl on a log  in an area cleared by fire.. 

sl1.jpg

sl2.jpg

sl3.jpg

• Like 4

Gotta like that, Mike. I'm going to try that this summer. Some places I hunt, it wouldn't work, but I think most spots I could get by with GB off using that 4 x 6. I'm starting to think buying that little coil was a good thing. I'm also wondering if that could be done with the Coiltek 6" round coil?

Jim

Thanks for the video -- quite informative.  What was the position of the conductivity switch?  The pulse delay?  The gain?