Finally - The QED Arrives?

Be lovely, a PI detector under 2KG in weight with performance of the 5000, uses same coils, for 1/4 of the cost. I`ll have one for sure...........but how do I get one? None as yet shown on Goldsearch Au website.

Well, the thread is claiming better performance than a TDI for sure, and that seems very reasonable. It is going to take a really reliable third party to prove it matches a GPX 5000 however. Like you Norvic!! Are you seriously thinking of getting one? Risky for you but it would be very beneficial for others on the forum.

If it is for real I will not hesitate to be that third party, no worries, but don`t hold your breaths waiting for the review. Maybe Chris might be shown one next time he goes driving about town, and he`ll beat me to the first sighting....................... But aside from all that it would be the bees knees of all PIs, and certainly what we`d all love from Santa.

• Like 3

It's listed:

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/interfacion-s-detectors/qed.html

• Designed and manufactured in Australia.
  • A single channel design resulting in a low component count, smaller size, less weight and repeatable performance.
  • Simple power on / off and setting adjustments via just 3 push buttons.
  • Backlit display that is clearly visible in all lighting conditions from full direct sunlight to total darkness.
  • Rechargeable batteries and charger included.
  • Manual Ground Balance that provides important feedback on the level of ground mineralisation.
  • Superb EMI immunity allowing higher gains to be used.
  • Unparalleled Earth Field cancellation allowing use with the coil at 90 degrees eg when detecting creek banks.
  • Large range of optional search coils (QED designed for Minelab compatible mono coils only - sold separately)
  • Weight: TBA (excluding Search coil)

qed-gold-prospecting-metal-detector.jpg

qed-gold-prospecting-metal-detector-controls.jpg

• Like 1

I observed the web page on goldsearchaustralia to purchase a QED says that the QED is: AVAILABLE SOON

I will note that the QED has been promised to be "available soon" for years. It seems more likely that it will come to pass this time, but those cheering the QED have been disappointed plenty of times in the past. During its very long development, sufficient drama towards ML and anyone else perceived to be disloyal to the QED cause has been put out over the years to write a series of books.

In spite of all that has transpired over the many years the QED has been under development, I have an open mind, and am interested to hear what a good number of truly independent users have to say about it. Hopefully in the months to come we will get just that.

• Like 3

One thing that intrigues me personally about the QED is that it is a single channel manual ground balance machine, not unlike the TDI in that respect. I expect but need to confirm the tones. Is it the same "low tone big target, high tone small target" routine, based on where the ground balance is set? Can the ground balance be shut off to run in pure PI mode? If so there are many applications here outside just nugget detecting. EMI resistance is said to be superb. How does it handle salt? Hopefully an owners manual is posted soon.

• Like 1

This would have to be one of the most drawn out gold detector development sagas in the history of metal detecting, and from where I'm standing was more aimed at being a pain in Minelab's proverbial than actually trying to bring something to market. If I get a chance I'll give one a go though, If I could find gold with an Infinium in highly mineralised ground I'm sure if this thing is up with the ATX then I can do the same with the QED. I found gold with the ATX within 30 minutes from turning on and actually enjoyed the challenge of finding gold with it, I didn't have a TDI long enough to give it a good go but felt it is not anywhere near as good as the ATX.

Fun times ahead if they actually do meet the deadlines, if not then lotsaegg.

JP

I contacted Gold Search Dunolly 2 days ago. He stated that he has used the prototype and is impressed with the ground balance and emi resistance. He said it has found gold but believes it too early to make comparisons against the 5000 and Zed he thought that more extensive testing is required. Has a one year warranty. States he has convinced the manufacturer to give him a completed production unit for potential customers to try out. He appeared fairly honest in his replies. I believe he would answer any queries honestly. 

• Like 2