Infinium / Sea Hunter II Coil ?

Rod K

Anyone know if the mono coil for a Sea Hunter II will also work on the Infinium LS? I e-mailed Kellyco and asked days ago but never heard back. Reason i asked is I have an Infinium and the 8" Sea Hunter mono coil  is $85 and the same coil for the Infinium is $110 and i am looking for an 8" mono for the Infinium. Unless maybe someone here has one for sale??

Thanks Steve. Just my luck since the other one is cheaper. lol

I believe that is true Carl. Garrett hints at as much in their Searchcoil Tech Sheet:

garrett-mono-coil-description.jpg

Technically then an Infinium or ATX mono coil is not really a mono coil as normally defined for PI detectors, where a single loop alternates between transmit (TX) and receive (RX) phases. But not really a DD coil either.

Carl is correct on that one,i bought a 8'' SeaHunter coil for my Crossbow Pulse and George Overton who is co owner with Cart of the Geotech forum modified so that the coil worked,what exactly he did i am not sure,both are at the top of the game when designing detector and also co wrote the 'Inside the Metal Detector' but must admit although its not on a Garrett detector the 8'' coil is a really nice coil,he also modified the 14x10'' Mono coil in the same way.