Minelab Coil Cover Rant

mn90403

I've spent another day in the field with it and maybe Minelab accomplished what it wanted.  It doesn't want us to use it like a bulldozer.  They made it delicate so that we can think about the subtle difference in threshold needed to hear the deep targets.

The silicon I put on has stabilized and strengthened the coil cover.  That makes me feel better.

The spray on truck bed liner doesn't really want to stick to this plastic but I can see the few scrapes I put on it.  When I add more I'll use a brush.

Now I just need some deep targets that the 14" coil didn't already find.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the coil cover problem....that one expensive coil....cover should be top notch. Same with the Evo coils covers....had my 17x13 Evo for three weeks and the coil cover tape broke and cover went right off..:angry: whats with that?? 500 bucks for coil and cover falls right off after a dozen hunts. Perhaps if Minelab is listening....each of these Evo coils should come with a FREE roll of tape, or just price it in the coil and include the roll with it. 

If I was detecting in my driveway maybe I could keep the coil an inch above the ground and not bump into anything.

Desert detecting in the real world with uneven ground, rocks, cactus and lots of brush to go under is a real challenge with this new coil. 

In my opinion, an effective coil cover is urgently needed and I will buy one immediately if it becomes available.

In the meantime I will watch for any suggestions that might help. Thanks to everyone for the ideas.

Dick Ward

2 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

Sorry to hear about the coil cover problem....that one expensive coil....cover should be top notch. Same with the Evo coils covers....had my 17x13 Evo for three weeks and the coil cover tape broke and cover went right off..:angry: whats with that?? 500 bucks for coil and cover falls right off after a dozen hunts. Perhaps if Minelab is listening....each of these Evo coils should come with a FREE roll of tape, or just price it in the coil and include the roll with it. 

Evo coils are made by Nugget Finder, not Minelab. I think Minelab deserves grief for some things but not stuff they don't even make!

• Like 4