Alkaline Batteries Fit The Mainstay Of Most Of My Needs

however, being somewhat 'thrifty' I have often gleaned over the thought of using a rechargeable alternative.  My brother, who is thriftier than I, not long ago told me about rechargeable alkaline batteries and their abilities.  I have experience with both the normal NiCd and NiMh rechargeable varieties each type having their pros and cons and the biggest being the lower operating voltage when fully charged of about 1,2 volts.  Alkaline in my experience initially will be in the 1.6+ voltage range, much better for my LST and GM4.  I guess my question might be, why did the Rechargeable Alkaline alternative never get advertised or promoted?  I believe they may be a worthy consideration but, " anyone out there ever go this route?"

Informative review of all kinds of rechargeable batteries:

http://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/rechargeable.html

Might answer some of your questions.

• Like 2

I have a battery charger that Safely recharges standard alkaline batteries. In fact i just finished charging some to check because yesterday i bought a multi meter to test my batteries with. And the ones that are still good batteries are chagring to 1.49-1.56 volts with a draw. The charger is called "Battery X-tender"  Here is a link to their site, which is currently being remodeled it appears. Sorry, forgot the link but here it is  http://www.batteryxtender.com/

GB...Thanks for the link....good info.  Quite obvious the battery type will vary with the needs of the end user, sounds familiar.