Vallon Metal Detectors

Not sure which detector of Vallon's you're inquiring about, and I'm not Steve, but having used Vallon, Ceia, Schiebel and other various mine detectors, I can tell you they are essentially of no use on native gold. If you are a relic hunter they might be fun, but zero discrimination and you'll be digging pin size targets all day long. The only mine detectors to date that performed reasonably well on gold were the minelab F1A4's. The Minelab F3C will hit gram and larger nuggets but at mediocre depths. For gold it's best to stick with gold specific machinery. I will add that while these mil-spec units usually come in extremely durable configurations, they are usually very cumbersome as a result. No free lunches. 

Good answer. Thank you mate. AML-100 Recon (Garrett) works good with relics but with gold I'm not sure. ATX yes I have one and I'm sure ;)

9 hours ago, Shelton said:

What about this Steve? http://www.vallon.de/

I think they make some really cool looking units that fold up nice and compact. Other than that I have no interest in them since they are designed for explosive mine detecting. I stick with mainstream machines designed for the task I have in mind, and have never seen anything posted by anyone that has ever convinced me that doing otherwise is a good idea.

• Like 1

"They're essentially Countermine products, and therefore not generally available to buy without being an NGO or similar"

• 1 year later...

Blast from the past on this 2 year old thread.

I just ordered two of them from Poland.

I took the plunge after tracking the ongoing (67 pages now) thread on Geotec.  The thread was started by Eric Foster - noted PI detector designer - and is clearly showing that the Vallon VHM3CS is a very capable and interesting beach and relic machine - and may be useful for native gold as well.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?23169-Vallon-VMH3CS-Mine-Detector

F9DBDB0F-B74E-49FB-B07C-8480A3AD523F.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Dont be worried about using your vallon for gold I have a vallon vmh3cs and it goes deeper and see's smaller gold than my gp3500 or my garrett atx, I dont know about you or anyone else on here but when I'm prospecting I dig every target anyway so discrimination doesnt matter. I've tested these two machines set properly over and over against the vallon and they dont come close. The comments I read about having to use a detector specifically designed to find gold crack me up. I'm anxious to compare it too a gpx5000 to see how close the vallon is in depth.and sensitivity, I think maybe vallon is a name the big $$$ detector people are a little afraid of the vallon is also a hell of alot better built and swings better than any other detector out there as far as I'm concerned, garrett is decent in design and look good but they fall apart especially the shaft configuration is a joke.

8 hours ago, Rigidy said:

Dont be worried about using your vallon for gold I have a vallon vmh3cs and it goes deeper and see's smaller gold than my gp3500 or my garrett atx, I dont know about you or anyone else on here but when I'm prospecting I dig every target anyway so discrimination doesnt matter. I've tested these two machines set properly over and over against the vallon and they dont come close. The comments I read about having to use a detector specifically designed to find gold crack me up. I'm anxious to compare it too a gpx5000 to see how close the vallon is in depth.and sensitivity, I think maybe vallon is a name the big $$$ detector people are a little afraid of the vallon is also a hell of alot better built and swings better than any other detector out there as far as I'm concerned, garrett is decent in design and look good but they fall apart especially the shaft configuration is a joke.

Here is my short story.

A mate of mine has two of these. Puffed out chest, bleating on about how great they are, he's on all the vallon forums etc etc. Took him out to some mineralised ground (nothing super special) and let him rip. Well that lasted two minutes, the vallon did nothing but scream. He now has a 7000. The end.

Cheers

BB

• Like 5