I knew the tides were wrong but I went to take a look anyway ..... Well just wasn't meant to be. The tides were just too high to be able to do any sand sifting, can't pull the cart full of black sand over those cobbles..... Next weekend the tides will be perfect, just hope the black sands are still concentrated ....

fullsizeoutput_123.jpeg

Well the weather has turned pretty nasty and I wasn't able to get out today, hoping to before the weekend is over though.... Sunday's forecast looks better.

SO... I did a little cleanup of some old cons that I have had around and here is a little of what I got..... I have more that I will finish up tomorrow.

1 fast clean.jpg

• Like 1

OK... Got a little ambitious and finished the cleanup.... Remember this is what a lot of people toss out after they have done their cleanup. this came out of about 3 gallons of already cleaned cons that would have ended up in the drive way.

I will weigh it after it has dried out.

IMG_0161.JPG

• Like 4

OK the weight is in..... drum roll please...... 

5 Grain.... I will be locking that massive haul away so none of you guys get any ideas......:rolleyes:

Remember this was from about 3 gallons of previously cleaned cons so at current spot of 1218.80 thats a little over 11 bucks. 

Lets deduct a grain for impurities and it makes it about 9 and change. I got the magnetics out of it but there is still a tiny bit of non magnetic material .

Also remember this is beach gold.... -100 mesh and smaller.:blink:

fullsizeoutput_125.jpeg

• Like 3

jd-have you seen the dreammat? made in montana? for finegold    ....I just learned about them the day i put a post up on this forum bout 2weex ago.....looks like a winner to me? Thanks for posting! cheers, ig

Hey idaho......

No I haven't heard of that mat.

Have you used it yet? I use the cleangold sluice, it's the magnetic sluice. since I run beach sand there is basically no classifying to do unless I am in cobble then it is just a simple rinse in the basket.

And it is pretty good on the beach.

Well I went up to my little beach today but didn't take the sluice....At least this time I did take a couple buckets with me and brought back about 2/3rds of a 5 gal bucket.

Now I'm bummed because I didn't take the sluice..... Granted the weather today really sucked and almost didn't go at all.

Anyway here is a little glimpse of the recovery.... This is the first little shake out and clean of the cons... did two more shake outs and got about double that amount for a total...

IMG_0173.JPG

Here's a quick little video of the surface... I think I am going to get back out there in the coming days... especially since the weather will be breaking and the tides are favorable.

• Like 1

Went up to look the beach over again today..... 

I am hitting it this weekend unless the weather turns to absolute crap.... the tides are screwed up again but the days are long enough now that I should be able to get on the beach a little after 2:00PM.

Here are some pics of what it looked like today and the 1/3rd bucket of sand I brought home..... only had one bucket today so I was lop-sided.... damn that was uncomfortable.

Will run it probably tomorrow.

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

• Like 4

Thank's Steve.

Not sure what the geologic history is. But......

There are ancient beaches several hundred feet above current sea level. This layer appears to have been river bed in the distant past then covered with beach that has been raised.

I have wondered what the last cascadia event was like along this stretch of the coast.

The last event was according to scientists in 1700. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1700_Cascadia_earthquake