Thank you Bear....:smile:

• 3 months later...

Did a little borax smelt with some dental gold I had laying around..... Didn't even have to dig for it...lol

Still have some beach gold I will borax in the near future as well..... Didn't have to dig very hard for it either....lol

IMG_1632.thumb.JPG.7d4d94caf2e548f81728a7fc19fcfd97.JPG

• Like 2

Here's the beach gold........

Will be interesting to see how much I end up with after the borax smelt.

IMG_1109.JPG

• Like 3

A buddy of mine and I went to whiskey run yesterday and did some diggin....

Man it was a hot day on the beach especially with no breeze.

Anyway Whiskey run has a pretty rich mining history both inland and on the beach.

There were a couple inland mines close by as well One of which was a chromium mine.

The beach placer that was discovered was a huge black sand lense.. The actual production is a little unclear but let it be said it was very lucrative until a south wester pacific storm hit and completely change the beach... Mining was halted after that.

While a few still hit the area it is not easy work since most are now working the Whiskey run creek.

The gold is fair with an occasional picker which is almost unheard of for beach mining ...

I haven't cleaned up the cons yet but will let you all know how I did after running about 20 gallons of sand.

Meanwhile here are some pics of the area.... Whiskey run is about 10 miles north of Bandon , Oregon.

The first image is from Google maps and in the bottom right corner you can see the coordinates if you want to look into this further.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 5.50.15 PM.png

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

• Like 4

While I wait for the fines to finish drying here is a pleasant surprise out of my cleanup.....

2 pickers.

There was also a fair bit of platinum in the mix.

fullsizeoutput_1d4.jpeg

IMG_1652.JPG

• Like 2

.485 gram.. without the pickers..... BUT there is some really fine non magnetics that I just couldn't get panned out. So I'm gonna say there is probably half that weight is good stuff and the other will just get glassed in the smelt....

That super fine black material is just a mother to try and separate........ but all things are cleansed with fire,....LOL Not a very good image and the impurities kinda hide the good stuff.... 

But like I said it will all cleanup with the burnout......... 

IMG_1657.thumb.JPG.ca9897681d417a8b30d38e9c57083be5.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1d5.jpeg

IMG_1659.JPG

• Like 6

Actually there was one that was approximately 30 mesh +/- a little... Real thin and flat though..... Actually they both were thin and flat... the bulk was approx. -150 mesh +/- a little.

There is another smaller one just to the right and slightly below the one I put an arrow to as well.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.17.31 PM.png

OK, Got the beach gold Boraxed ....
Not as nice a pour as the first button, and there is still gold left in the melt dish but I will redo the melt and collect it later.

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

• Like 4