Cool topic. I have a question for you john. I've been trying to understand what I can and cannot do as far as a recirculating sluice on Oregon beachs. I've read your posts and you say it's ok as long as I'm above the extreme high tide and or vegetation line. But I have yet to hear from a Oregon official that this is ok. Where did you find this out? Thank you for all information you have made available on this subject.

I also live on the coast near Tillamook. If you go to cape disappointment again let me know if you want any help would be greatful to learn how to process the sand from someone who knows.

Tres

You can call Calum Stevenson. He will be able to answer your questions ... He can be contacted at 541-888-9324

Also here is a link to the state regs.... They are absurd, and if you interpreted them literally we still couldn't beach mine....What a joke.......

Anyway here's the link....  https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/displayDivisionRules.action?selectedDivision=3421

Below is a screenshot of the rules and the definition of the states boundaries .... The oregon beaches are considered state park lands and extend from mean low water line to the mean high water line or prominent vegetation line. You may set up a recirculating unit and carry the sand to and from it if you are above means high water line... Depending on the ownership of that section will also determine if you can set up there.... It can get very convoluted.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.41.37 PM.png

Hey Tres

I'm not sure when I will get up to the cape again .... Hopefully soon.... But I would be happy to give you a call.

PM me your phone # and I'll call you ... also I could answer questions you may have as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you kiwijw......

Yup I have read about all that and it is great stuff..

Really enjoyed reading it again ..... Nicely put together..