Hey John

Thanks for the info on Centerville . It's new to me. I have a few friends in Fortuna that might know about the regulations or at least who has jurisdiction. If it's State Parks I'd be real surprised if they allow.any mining.  I'll start playing detective. It would be great if it's open.to us. Alot closer to me ( Shasta County) than Oregon. The last couple of years I've been Prospecting along the Klamath river. My thinking was while there it's not that far to the coast. In my younger years I spent ALOT of time on the Sonoma Coast. Figure if I can be at my favourite place AND get some gold it's a win win. I'll get back to you with any info I come up with. Thanks again!

• Like 1

If it works out for you on the coast let me know and I will be happy to help you with your fine gold recovery equipment choices and information on their use.

• Like 1

We managed to get out a bit today and a little yesterday to do some testing of the high banker configuration.
Here's what we got............ There is still more but it is going to have to be classified further to get it out of the black sand.
When these two pans dry out I will get it weighed and update here. I doubt there is a gram but will find out soon.

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

OK... Got it dried, the magnetics pulled, and weighed. Came to 8.36 grain. about 4 hours shoveling and a hole 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep...... have moved more material for a lot less gold in the past.

So I am not gonna retire or quit the day job but I will go back to that spot in the future.......:cool:

IMG_0607.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I am going to get out this weekend for a couple days.

Hope to find some good beach and get more than last time.

This is a final cleanup is from many days of running but it sure looks nice...

Once again this is from a friends work... just helping him get things cleaned.

IMG_0597.jpg

• Like 4

My friend had some more cons to cleanup so I too the Gold Cube again and I made a small modification... I added deep V mat to the top tray or slick plate of the Gold Cube ... Thought what the heck may as well put it to work to since it certainly won't change anything in the lower trays..........

Well needless to say I was rather stunned at the success of the deep V matting results on the slick plate tray.......

That is over 2 ounces of gold in that tray your looking at....:smile: and that is just the top tray.

fullsizeoutput_17c.jpeg

• Like 4

I picked up some Gold Hog UR mat and am going to put together another beach sluice That is 12" wide and will be able to interface with my Gold Cube....

Should be interesting..... I will post the progress and results as they happen, which won't be a quickly as I would like but it will all come together before too long.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

I really like this tread you have going. I live near Centerville Beach and have been hitting it with the metal detector looking for relics from the NORTHERNER.  I can pass along a little intelligence on the beach; this is a low tide only beach as you head south from the parking lot below the bluffs. On a high tide or a big ocean the water is right up on the bluffs. The other thing is check the forecast for sneaker waves and real long period swell. There are long stretches along the bluffs where there is no place to go to escape when the water comes

I have not run on to anyone beach mining yet. I have run on to some localized hot spots with tons of magnetite. I'd like to give it a shot this winter for fun.

I know you are all dying to know how the relic hunting has been going .    .     . so far the only recognizable thing is a brass bell- the type that sit on a counter with a sign "ring bell for service" and some unidentified chunks of copper and brass so far.

Keep up the posting I enjoy it greatly!

Tim