Metal Detector Advice

Guest Tnsharpshooter
43 minutes ago, paul said:

Thanks for the write up, thats really good info. ive looked at tonnes of videos on youtube to find out as much as i can and this has been the most helpful i really appreciate it. once again thank you for your help

You are welcome.  One other thing here,,,to get real deep using GPX on say smaller silver coins,,,when you crank one up to reach these deep targets,,,the coil on the detector is ALIVE,,,meaning iron even far away from coil periphery,,even your metal shoe eyelets,,shovel,,,,,all these will drive the detector nuts,, and you too..lol

I do realize your quest here,,,,is had by many others too.

No real good solutions (easy outs) unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

On 1/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, paul said:

Hi Idahogold, thanks for the info. silly question but do you know where i might be able to get a GPX 4500 and how much are they? would a £1000 get one lol.

Paul just found this video tonite....and thought of Our chat from the Post...:rolleyes:..Hope alls well! Regards, Ig

Paul,if you're getting 12" to 14" in your soil with a VLF detector that's very good.The only detector that might be deeper is a Whites Dual Field or a TDI.I have a Dual Field and it's an amazing unit for the price.Of course it's a PI unit so you can't discriminate out trash but if you're hunting in the woods or a farm field that's clean you'll do OK and you'll get that depth and amazing sensitivity to small gold and silver.You can purchase a divers straight handle and tall man lower rod for a comfortably balanced unit. Good luck hunting!