GPX 4500 Question - How To Verify Date Of Manufacture?

pax

1 hour ago, pax said:

how do i find out the birth day of my 4500? Thanks for the help.

Hi Pax, when I needed information regarding my Minelab GPZ, I emailed Minelab Americas with the serial number and they were able to tell me dates within a few hours.  I email Jamie Moeller (Customer Care Support) at, Jamie.Moeller@minelabamericas.com 

According to his email, his direct line is 1-630-401-8154, Located in Lisle, IL. and Customer Care at 1-877-767-6522

Hope this helps,

Brian.

• Like 1

Awesome answer Brian - thanks!

I also wanted to point out the Minelab page aimed at stopping counterfeit products from falling into people's hands. You can enter model and serial number information online to verify your product, but I don't think it will tell you manufacture date. Still handy though, especially if buying used.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/stop-counterfeits

• 3 years later...
On 12/30/2016 at 3:40 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Awesome answer Brian - thanks!

I also wanted to point out the Minelab page aimed at stopping counterfeit products from falling into people's hands. You can enter model and serial number information online to verify your product, but I don't think it will tell you manufacture date. Still handy though, especially if buying used.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/stop-counterfeits

OK, so now I am digging up old posts like I wish I could do with gold!  Steve, I was curious if you remember what serial number range your first 4500 had back in 2008?  I emailed Minelab’s customer service with my serial number hoping to get the date and place of manufacturing also. Thanks for your input!

-Anthony

1 hour ago, GotAU? said:

Steve, I was curious if you remember what serial number range your first 4500 had back in 2008?

Sorry Anthony, I don’t know the serial number ranges for detectors I own now, let alone in 2008. All I can say is that usually when I get a Minelab it’s usually very early in the production run

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Sorry Anthony, I don’t know the serial number ranges for detectors I own now, let alone in 2008. All I can say is that usually when I get a Minelab it’s usually very early in the production run

Thanks Steve, I don’t remember my numbers either, much less even write them down although I should.  I wonder how low yours was, it seems like they started at 1000000 and I figured yours might have been in the single digits.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Mine's from 2010 and it's serial is 101956X (I put an X to hide the last digit) 🙂

It was made in Australia.

Thanks!  I guess mine was imported early on from Australia as well, the number is much lower, although the import stickers are missing. Appreciate the reply! 

Mine is serial# 1000007. I bought it slightly used from a US dealer in 2008 (or 2009?) who I believe used it prior to the "official" 4500 release. It was probably one of the first units to arrive in the US.

Lucky #7.

Also, with those old units, you might want to check to make sure the board was updated. My memory is foggy, but there was some kind of main board recall after they were first released and not all of them got the faulty boards replaced. I think anyways.

There is a green tag on mine that I believe says Feb 2008, but it's too destroyed to really read.