GPX 4500 Question - How To Verify Date Of Manufacture?

pax

It was a bunch of problems I think. The guy I bought mine from said it was really noisy or not stable or something, along with the tiny target issue. He said he had the main board replaced right before I bought it and it solved the problem. I just remember I got a pretty good deal on my machine because he didn't seem to want to mess with with it anymore when he got it back and I just wanted a PI that I could afford.

Were it not for that, I never would have afforded a PI and I'd have given up detecting long ago because I was not doing great with my GMT. Thanks for messing up, Minelab. I guess. :laugh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jasong said:

Mine is serial# 1000007. I bought it slightly used from a US dealer in 2008 (or 2009?) who I believe used it prior to the "official" 4500 release. It was probably one of the first units to arrive in the US.

Lucky #7.

Also, with those old units, you might want to check to make sure the board was updated. My memory is foggy, but there was some kind of main board recall after they were first released and not all of them got the faulty boards replaced. I think anyways.

There is a green tag on mine that I believe says Feb 2008, but it's too destroyed to really read.

Is the tag on the bottom of the box or on the board?

Bottom of the box, next to the serial number sticker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasong said:

Bottom of the box, next to the serial number sticker.

Oh I know the one you mean the little green inspection one like on our coils. My GP mono coil says 2008, however on the bottom of the box is a little rectangular remnant of what used to be the sticker you’re talking about. Oh well, guess I’ll wait and see what Minelab says when they get back to me. Thanks for your help!