Hi Jack,

Instead of using the option to insert an image use the option to attach files at the bottom of the reply box. This allows you to upload images instead of linking to them.

I use Safari on my iPad and I can't even see all the editing options that show up on other browsers. There is an app called Mercury Browser that allows you to set the "User Agent" in effect lying to the internet about what browser you are using. It is amazingly effective at getting websites to work that otherwise will not work on mobile devices.

• Like 1

Hi Jack,

Instead of using the option to insert an image use the option to attach files at the bottom of the reply box. This allows you to upload images instead of linking to them.

I use Safari on my iPad and I can't even see all the editing options that show up on other browsers. There is an app called Mercury Browser that allows you to set the "User Agent" in effect lying to the internet about what browser you are using. It is amazingly effective at getting websites to work that otherwise will not work on mobile devices.

I would also like to note that you need to click the "More Reply Options" before seeing the attachment/upload feature, which is not there in the "Reply to this topic" box at the bottom of each topic.

I have used the stallion DW. It will perform very well if you do your part with setting the motor speed and angle properly. Just as any dry washer, practice is really the best method, and if you can get out with someone who is knowledgable in the field that will pat dividens in the learning process. 

Cool thread... as an Alaskan boy this drywasher stuff is pretty amazing.

Can someone explain how that 'dry mixer' works ? Just looking at it I

would guess it's just a classifier .... but there must be more to it?

Chicken Alaska huh------what's the over night  low these days ,, 30 or 40 below? I have a good friend that lives in Eagle who tells me some brutal stories of watching the Super Bowl when it was -65 outside. :(

That drymixer looks like it would break up the clay I used to deal with pretty well. It took a while to get any confidence in the drywashers but if you consistently come up with a blank when testing the tailings, you begin to believe in them.

The oldtimers who were adept at dry panning were the ones who amazed me. That was a talent only experience could teach and I always broke down and went to tub of water before I could develope the knack.

Hi Chickenminer ,

It works both wet or dry , I've only used mine dry .

All I do is shovel unclassified material into the trommel ( rocks help break down stuff ) I usually run a couple of wheel-barrows through then pan the left overs to check .

It self empties as it go's through the process , the lighter material go's over the lip & the big stuff gets out the front of the trommel , very easy to use .

I had to fit two scrape backs on each side to stop the flaky gold escaping .

After you do a load ' rake down the tailings & check with a detector for any bigger nuggets that made it out of the trommel .

Jack .

post-13-0-92093000-1388649764_thumb.jpg

Dusty,

It's always cold here in the winter. Just a fact of life, you deal with it.

-60 coldest so far this winter.

Jack,

Thanks. So the 'mixer' is basically just a concentrator? No recovery

system involved ?

Yep Chickenm , that's about it , there is only about 2/3 pans of concentrate when your finished , in theory you don't need to stop running material through until all that's left is gold   :D