GPZ In Mild Soils To JP

lutfi

On 1/7/2017 at 9:13 AM, lutfi said:

Hi  JP & all Gents...

First So much thanks and i do appreciate ur honesty and helpful manner.. you just give me the light ( ur experience )..

• VERY VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:- this would help me a lot JP.. IS this mean that if there is asignal from ( aferrit like material)  while moving the coil on the ground that mean the gpz ground balance is out?!!! bcz this happen to me many times during working there is a signal from black stones on the ground!! that mean wasting my time a lot!!!
  • Last what is better  GPZ. gold mode setting for the solid nugget in the mild soil if the Gen/ NOR. not ok for solid nugget  as u said :-(For instance a 1/2 ounce solid nugget will give a better response in General Difficult than in General Normal)

With my regards..

lutfi

lufti, you need to be patient. JP is a very busy man and does not visit the forum every day. Posting the same thing over and over serves no purpose except to have me deleting excessive repeat posts.

If I understand your question, yes, the GPZ can tune out faint targets if you are in auto ground balance and keep working the coil over the target. I guess I am not trying as hard to chase ultra faint targets because I have not found it to be an issue personally; I just run in auto all the time. JP and others toggle into manual ground balance mode once a target is located to prevent this. You can program the user button to do this quickly. More on that subject here.

The second part, all JP was trying to say is that different settings respond better to different gold, and that if you have a good location it is a good idea to go over it multiple times, experimenting with different settings. There are no magic settings anyone can tell you because your ground is different than my ground, and both our ground types are different than JPs. The gold types are also different. I always run High Yield/Normal in mild ground.

• Like 6

Hey Steve thanks for stepping in, and YES I have been busy so can't always get to the forum and answer questions immediately. 

Lufti Steve has given you some very good advice. 

The GB of the GPZ is broken up into two parts, there is the Ferrite Balance (X) and the regular Ground Balance (G) associated with any metal detector. I strongly recommend users make sure there is no signal when the coil is passed over the Ferrite, then that will mean there will be no signal associated with any Ferrite signal (X) in the ground.

If the Ferrite balance is correct then the signals you hear from the ground will be ground signal or G balance signals and as such the Auto GB of the GPZ is expected to deal with them assuming the signal is not too loud. If the ground signal (G) is too strong then you will need to use a Ground Type mode that can deal with the mineralisation signal. All Ground Type modes and Gold Type modes need to be calibrated for X signal (Ferrite balanced), the Normal Ground Type modes are more sensitive to the X signal so careful attention needs to be made to keeping the Ferrite balance accurate to avoid the X signal from adding to the G signal.

Hope this helps and makes sense

JP

• Like 3