Quad For Reaching Remote Locations

Yamaha Rhino model, but you can choose other brands like Canam, Polaris or Artic Cat etc.

They do get you into some very remote areas, but be very careful with those off brand UTV's. Remember if something goes wrong with it out there, you have to get it out. I would stay with the top brand names when it comes to off road vehicles. Far easier to get parts for, and most are dead nuts reliable. Some of those off brand vehicles are pretty dangerous, made with very cheap parts.

Yeah, its a Coleman. If you click on the photo, you can see the Coleman logo at the back of the vehicle.

Ken, I would agree with you in general as far as off brand Chinese vehicles. However this is a bit different. It is branded by Coleman, and sold and guaranteed by Cabelas. As Shelton says, it is a Chinese copy of a Yamaha model. Cabelas has a contract with a local ATV repair shop here in Reno and I actually talked to the guy who does the repairs and he says he has no problem getting parts and has no unusual level of problems in seeing them break down. Both Cabelas and Coleman have a brand name to maintain and so I figure they would be hesitant to sell stuff that was really junk - and they have sold these for years. However I agree you can buy cheap no-name Chinese stuff that is junk, especially direct off the internet.

I test drove one here at the local Cabelas, and it seemed fine at least for the test drive - No glaringly obvious problems anyway. I think Steve is right as far as the actual maker.

I've look at ones that is made in China by China-Man. I'd have to go with what Ken said and that is stick with a name brand. Look out for the dealers that are on the top of a hill. I talk with one dealer that sold China's ATV and he said that he gave a warranty not at all from China. If he didn't he couldn't sale a one. Another thing you need to think about is getting parts.

Chuck Anders  

I am fairly sure they are Chinese clones made by a company named Hisun http://www.mckinneyedc.com/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/98

Shit. It looks like Rhino. Don't buy any China vehicles. The are crap.

From first hand experience, I'll have to agree with Shelton.  I won't mention brands, as it may just be my bad luck. 

The Chinese engine that came with my small highbanker lasted one summer.  Took it to a small engine repair shop, they said it wasn't worth repairing, would cost more than you could buy another one.  So I replaced it with a small Honda motor and trash pump.  Have used it for three seasons now.  Problem solved.

Same thing with a small generator I got for the camper.  Stopped running after about 20 - 30 hours of use.  Cost more to repair than I paid for it.  Replaced it with a Yamaha generator.  Haven't used it much yet, so we shall see over time.

I guess we are in a disposable society these days.  I personally have a problem with this concept, and perfer to purchase products that provide better and longer service.

By the way, my ATV is a Can-Am that I bought in 2004.  It has had a couple minor problems, but repairable at a reasonable cost.

Just my .02 cents worth.