The Sound Of Gold

Chet

Referencing high/low sounds associated with gold, this video is very interesting.  Try to guess which sounds are from gold before the answers are given at the end of the video.

Have a good day,
Chet

• Like 4

Yeah, Minelab Gold has some great videos on youtube.  Another good one of his is the ones on ground balancing out ground noise.  It is my opinion that this is one area that a lot of people could improve upon.  I know that when I first started, I was not ground balancing very well and was quicker to switch to a timing for hotter ground when the timing I was on would have worked fine with better ground balancing and coil control.

Yup, I would have dug all those signals for sure. Good video.

Andy - Ground balance and coil control - two of the most overlooked and most vitally important aspects of detecting. 

This is my opinion, but it's not just about sound with a prospecting PI, it's about a sound and context. The "context" part comes with experience as an operator and in this video burying doesn't replicate the sort of context you find in actual field conditions. Some places you want to dig everything and others you can produce far more by being picky, and this is what I think people mean when they say they know "what gold sounds like". Obviously there is no actual "gold sound" on a GPX.

But for instance, I have no idea what kind of gold he's finding there and how much it varies, no idea what the ground is like and how it varies, what sorts of trash are there, how the various settings alter the target responses tailored to those specific nuggets and ground types, no idea if he's in a trash-prone area, no idea what the frequency of his trash to gold finds are, how deep is the gold running, how new is the gravel, how old is the trash, etc... But these are all things that I become very familiar with as I prospect for real in the field that vary with each location and only come with experience. And they help me paint a bigger picture where sometimes I can with a good level of confidence decide if something is worth digging or not.

Good video, but I just wanted to comment this because I don't think it demonstrates the entire picture that we paint when we as prospectors are actually out in the field and looking for gold. I am one of those guys that definitely think you can "hear" gold, in context.

• Like 5

Good idea's Thanks........jasong watch his latest.vids....its like 231 nuggets and counting mostly subgrammers  over the course of 30 days in i think like 3 or 4 acresof surface diggins. Cheers from Idaho