Aloha just bought an harness after searching everywhere in the UK i could locate one wich was multi purpose :

Good for my CTX but also able to carry my deepstar on my chest ......i am really looking toward hitting the beaches .....i invested a fair amount of cash now its time to start digging......once i found a few gold rings i ll get a 15" coil for my deepstar and a CTX  battery charger(another £400 i guess)but hey no guts no glory!!!!

RR

302098939904_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats the harness that Kevin at Staffs detecting sell,i have had one a few years that i use with my TDI Pro and Nexus,also have the GPX harness as well but much prefer the Protectors one.Just bought a new Nexus MP last week,amazing depth from this detector.

Good grace a MP?? :thats great Rick !!!did you get the huge spider net coil with it?????????i am looking for a 1266x but the 1st series at the moment.......still got few gear to sell but i am gettind there :)

RR

1 minute ago, Rivers rat said:

Good grace a MP?? :thats great Rick !!!did you get the huge spider net coil with it?????????i am looking for a 1266x but the 1st series at the moment.......still got few gear to sell but i am gettind there :)

RR

Mine at the moment has the 10'' and 13'' coils,but Georgi is bringing out 3 new ones this years from 22'' upto 40'',when they come out will get the 22'' on as that will go deeper than i really would want too dig.I also have a Nexus SE with the dual 9'' coil on,thats also a very deep machine,only trouble is the SE is slightly heavy for me as my right wrist was damaged in a motorbike accident in the 70s and how ever hard i try and cannot swing with my left arm it just does not happen.

So this is why i use a Deus and a Tesoro with the NEL Snake,but for my heavy machines i use the same harness as the one that you have just bought.

Hope you are happy with the snake did you know that tesoro was doing the same back in the ..........90s maybe i had 1 or 2 sold them then rebought a snake..............also Tesoro use to make 15 elliptical but that is SUPRAMEGARARE did you try the skateboard wrist protector

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Demon_SnowboardSki_Unisex_Wrist_Guards_L_BlackWhite-(80117)?Curr=GBP/?keyword=&gclid=CLnn-ZXw2NECFUsq0wodBbAFgQ

RR

Rick i pick this up n Geotech:

104cm diameter i love it

There is actually a mistake in the stated diameter of the coil in inches ( as I am use to meters, centimeters ect). The correct figure is 41" not 45. So in cm will be about 104 cm diameter.
There will be a DD with an average diameter of 66 cm - 26" not long from now.
With the Nexus Standard MP the big concentric coil have demonstrated so far the best sensitivity and depth. Before involving Carbon Fiber in the construction huge DD coils were impossible to manufacture with an acceptable weight and they have also proved to me real hell to keep stable. It remains to be seen how things will turn up with the Carbon Fiber, but there are some other materials that will aid the design if necessary.

This 41" coil does not actually miss small objects, which some may consider a disadvantage. It slams a Victorian Penny at 20" in the soil and small coins around 18mm at 12 to 15" with crazy signal level. There is however a considerable difference between large deep objects and small objects at shallow depth in the time constant of the signal, which makes it quite easy for one to distinguish the big stuff.

The weight of the coil can drop to about 1 kg, but at the cost of a considerably more complicated design and manufacturing process.

@Rivers rat,yep also seen the post by Georgi on the MDF forum,must admit i am very interested in the 20'' coil for the MP,it seems that the weight of the 20'' coil is going to be roughly the same weight as the 13'' coil,just shows the difference between using fibreglass over plastic coil cases.The price of course will dictate if i buy one or not as if its a crazy price it will price its self out of the market.

Must admit i am really liking this machine,that along side the Deus is basically all i need for VLF detector,wont ever part with the TDI Pro as that does me for beach work.although the MP is possibly as good as a PI machine,that i cannot confirm until i take it down the coast for testing.

The MP even with the 13'' coil on i doubt very much that many if any other VLF machine can tough it for depth,i wont quote any depths but the website gives you some indication,i also have the SE model with the dual 9'' coil on it,not testing them side by side yet but the MP could be more sensitive on smaller items but the SE may just still have the edge depth wise ,that is till i get the 20'' coil.

Rick whenver you will do a test on the coast i am IN :) i dont mind to travel to devellop my skills!A training session is always welcome

But i ll be very very interested to see  the massive coil on the beach for those huge beaches in France that could make a difference even on crap tides you could still get the deep goodies on the dry or on the not so productive areas

RR

When i decide to do some testing i will give you a shout mate :wink: you would be more than welcome to give it a try.

I will bring my deepstar i got an offer for a 15" coil yesterday hand made in France but i need to get and longer spade :)#

RR