Headphone Adapter for Minelab SDC 2300

Condor

So far the source for the special SDC 2300 headphone adapter is a secret, and probably a large part of the cost.

I am not aware of any underwater headphones that have a 1/4" jack connection as that defeats the purpose. Underwater phones usually use proprietary connectors. Minelab sells underwater headphones for the SDC 2300. There is of course a conspiracy to use different adapters so I have one set of underwater headphones for my SDC 2300, a different set for my CTX 3030 (how stupid is that?) and yet another set for my Garrett ATX.

I like the Sun Ray Golds and have a couple sets.

Here are the underwater headphones made by Koss for Minelab. I have a set and I like them better than the Koss UR-30 headphones that come with the SDC 2300. They have a tighter fit and better outside sound exclusion. Better yet, the cord is stouter and less likely to fail. Only issue is I am told the sound response is not as good with them and so the faintest signals may not be heard. And that obviously is not good, but the day I used them they seemed to work well enough. They could be a good alternative for some people. Minelab part number 3011-0258

post-1-0-13160000-1413035475_thumb.jpg